Anyone else having issues?

TARHEEL78

View Badges
Reaction score
I hve had my monitor stop testing or just not reporting multiple times now. Right now my page is showing data from 13 hours ago. I have logged out and l ok fed back in and unplugged and plugged back in after about 15 seconds and still nothing. Not sure what the problem is or how to fix it.

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, it happened once to me. I reset my wireless router and it didn’t restart pushing data right away, but did after about an hour. All of the values were stored on the device and then uploaded to cloud when it reconnected.

OP
T

TARHEEL78

View Badges
Reaction score
Yes, it happened once to me. I reset my wireless router and it didn’t restart pushing data right away, but did after about an hour. All of the values were stored on the device and then uploaded to cloud when it reconnected.
The times this has happened to me it wasn't logging data as far as I can tell. When I move the slider across the time frames it will jump pretty far in some spots. I would t think it would take over 13 hours for the MS to reconnect with my router but I'll restart them both and see if that fixes the issue.

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
It seemed like something about resetting the router reset the data pushing. I don’t think disconnecting from your router is what caused the device to stop pushing data in the first place. Doing a reset of my router worked for me, and then I forgot to report the issue to Mindstream, so I am not sure why it happened.

OP
T

TARHEEL78

View Badges
Reaction score
Well, it's at least working again now. As far as I can tell it didn't log anything for the almost 14 hour period. I also don't think I can trust what it does read because I know the alk and cal readings aren't right.

Screenshot_20191006-183517_Samsung Internet.jpg

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Do you keep the white portion, that lights up, out of the water? I saw somewhere that it doesn’t communicate when that section is submerged. Maybe the water level in your sump is changing and covering it...if that is where it is.

robbyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Do you keep the white portion, that lights up, out of the water? I saw somewhere that it doesn’t communicate when that section is submerged. Maybe the water level in your sump is changing and covering it...if that is where it is.
I have been very skeptical of the MS claim that it can work underwater. You can get very low frequency to penetrate water. That is why submarines use very low frequencies for certain applications but of course the data rate is super slow at those frequencies. At 2.4 GHZ the signal hitting the water is like a car hitting into a steel wall. Unfortunately I have not examined an MS yet but if they have that antenna section right up against the glass with a rubber plate like the Vortech motors use between the unit and the glass then it might not have a water boundary problem and the signal would be able to travel out. Unfortunetly it would be in a very directional manor.

OP
T

TARHEEL78

View Badges
Reaction score
I keep the part with the led out of the water, the only time it may come up some is when I put the tank in feed mode but I don't think that is what is causing the issue.

OLDREEFER44

View Badges
Reaction score
Mine has been underwater the whole time. When I have had an issue like this it has been because a starfish or bristleworm has stopped the disc from spinning.

MindStream

Know What's In Your Water
View Badges
Reaction score
I hve had my monitor stop testing or just not reporting multiple times now. Right now my page is showing data from 13 hours ago. I have logged out and l ok fed back in and unplugged and plugged back in after about 15 seconds and still nothing. Not sure what the problem is or how to fix it.
Hi TARHEEL78,

Please reach out to our customer support team and they'll be happy to help you resolve your issue!
[email protected].

The MindStream Team

OP
T

TARHEEL78

View Badges
Reaction score
I was told to lower the monitor further into the water and it should correct both of my issues. Ryan says it could take several days to correct itself after moving it so I guess we will see Thursday or Friday if it worked.

MindStream

Know What's In Your Water
View Badges
Reaction score
What was the reason to move it further into the water? Do you have the LED section submerged?
Hi Jordan T Shouse, The entire disc must be submerged for the monitor to collect optimal readings. If you are using the monitor in a location far from a WiFi signal, we recommend that you keep the status light (or orb at the top of the monitor) exposed. In the event that the water level is extremely low, the MindStream Monitor will detect the low level and automatically stop performing measurements until proper water level is achieved.

Kind regards,
The MindStream Team

robbyg

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi Jordan T Shouse, The entire disc must be submerged for the monitor to collect optimal readings. If you are using the monitor in a location far from a WiFi signal, we recommend that you keep the status light (or orb at the top of the monitor) exposed. In the event that the water level is extremely low, the MindStream Monitor will detect the low level and automatically stop performing measurements until proper water level is achieved.

Kind regards,
The MindStream Team
Built in water level sensor, a very cool feature.
If it has that Data maybe you guys should have it Alert the customer to let them know the water level is to low and testing has stopped.

Last edited:
OP
T

TARHEEL78

View Badges
Reaction score
Built in water level sensor, a very cool feature.
If it has that Data maybe you guys should have it Alert the customer to let them know the water level is to low and testing has stopped.
You would think this would be easier than dealing with someone calling/emailing and certainly better for business than someone posting threads on public forums for potential buyers to see.

Jordan T Shouse

View Badges
Reaction score

Kind regards,
The MindStream Team
Okay, lets say the MS is right next to your wifi signal and receives signal fine is it okay to submerge the led? The reason i ask is I want to place it in my display but the rim on the tank only leaves < 1.25" open. Would it still function if the led was 1/2 under water?

Which tank do you think is more functional for a family? (click to see photos)

• A. Fireplace Tank

Votes: 62 23.8%
  • B. Stair Tank

Votes: 13 5.0%
  • C. Bed Tank

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • D. Table Tank

Votes: 29 11.2%
  • E. Cabinet Tank

Votes: 146 56.2%

Online statistics

Members online