Anyone Else Having Problems Connecting An A360x to Router via Dongle?

Charles4400

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using a Galaxy S20 and an Asus Router and haven't been able to connect via Router. It always fails at the last step.

I can connect using the direct to dongle mode but thats a bit of a pain as you have to change your wifi settings to connect to the dongle broadcast each time you need access and then change back to your wifi when you are done. Also can't backup light programming that way.

Have been in contact with Kessil and they keep saying techs are looking into it. No progress on that for a couple of weeks now.

Anyone else have this issue?

I can connect to my ai lights and reefwave gyres through wifi without a problem, just can't connect properly to the kessils.

jdadole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil doesnt say it in the instruction manual but you have to be in a 2.4 gh network when you try to set up. I had the same problem when I first set up mine.

illuminata

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, all of my wifi issues with the kessil dongle, ecotech reeflink and apex wifi were all due to the distance of my router. I purchased some range extenders, placed it right next to my display and solved all my issues.

Can you test the dongle setup right next to your router? Curious if this will fix your issue too.

OP
OP
Charles4400

Charles4400

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Though I can't bring my router next to the dongle, both my router and dongle are in my living room in eye shot of each other...maybe 30 feet from each other so don't think thats it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 122 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back