Anyone else tired of oversaturated, photoshopped to death, photos of corals?

Edds Coral Cave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that isnt really that oversaturated though..

this is what it looks like if saturation is reduced and colour is evened out..

image-1397828997.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
a693481d-65ab-e631.jpg

a693481d-6529-4478.jpg

a693481d-6451-6eaa.jpg

So this should be a crime to show them off or if I offered them for sale? I photoshopped this picture. Like I do every picture I take. But this is EXACTLY how they look in my tank. Don't believe me? Fine. There are folks on here that have seen my tank and will vouch for me. PLUS well my feedback is pretty good too....

I have had the very same palys and zoas and yes your pictures are perfect!

chort55

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats ebay.... seriously why would you even look at crap on fleabay with all the great vendors here! ;)

chort55

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The point you bring up about diff lighting is valid but think of it this way.
I buy a coral that looks awesome online in a pic, I get it home and it doesn't look like the pic no matter what lighting.
6500k, 20k, MH, T5, LED. We're talking about photoshopping not difference in lighting.
Some corals are so photoshopped they won't even look like the pic under all top of the line Royal blue LEDs! That's the point we bring up.

Still I would say thats more of the exception then the rule. Most vendors want repeat business, therefore they want the pics to look like what you will get under similar lighting/conditions. If you provide different lighting/ conditions it will not look 100% the same no, but thats not really the vendors fault and I would say most of the vendors here fall into this category. They pay a pretty decent amount to be here, and want people from here especially to continue to buy from them and give them a good rep so it would be completely ignorant to try to screw even one person over with a bad pic..... ebay is ebay it has been home of spam and scam for years, IMO any reputable company will take the time to set up a website/ store front and operate more like a standard business....that has standards ;)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back