TCK Corals

VanDalsenReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So does anyone else's Walt Disney look like this. This was a frag from a Walt Disney that looks normal.

20220320_164700.jpg

World Wide Corals
Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
Tidal Gardens

SPS2020

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
5E27E5C1-7152-45EC-B249-5B12ABA8FF27.jpeg

Hey man, how do you get that colour out of your WD? I’d love mine to get like yours but has looked like this for a year

It may be in part by "I used a red filter on my iPhone and the light is set at 20k." Also, that is one heck of a mother colony which has had time to grow over years in a stable environment (just guessing:).

Roli's Reef Ranch

Review score
+0 /0 /-1
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-1
There are a bunch of fakes being sold around here and other places. I have 2 WD frags from different vendors and the original is a real one. Got ripped off by a 2500 member on another on this site as part of a frag pack. Caveat emptor.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Oerussc

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
5E27E5C1-7152-45EC-B249-5B12ABA8FF27.jpeg

Hey man, how do you get that colour out of your WD? I’d love mine to get like yours but has looked like this for a year
The colony in my display tank is about 3-1/2 years old grown from a 1" frag. It receives nearly 500 par under the Radion G5 blues. I dose Brightwell Neonitro, Lugals daily, and Brightwell iron daily as well as maintain stable parameters with a Trident and Trident controlled dosing of elements.

Sad fact is my display tank is crashing at this moment. I have had a couple of close calls like everyone does over the past couple of years but I finally hit the bad crash starting last week. I am watching this large colony STN this week (super sad) and i have tried fragging it up and nursing the tank while keeping it stable. I still have most of my corals in a grow out tank so I have to wait for my display tank to stabilize the losses for a bit. The Walt Disney in my grow out tank is much large today and gorgeous right now.

For these pictures, I had my blues cranked up to 20K and used a red filter. The red filter helps the camera on my mobile phone display a more "real life" image from what your naked eye sees. There was absolutely no editing done to the photo and a WD gets more colorful the larger the colony...especially when you are looking down on the colony and have all of the pumps turned off.

TCK Corals

How have you used eggcrate in or around your aquarium?

• Aquarium lid

Votes: 81 29.9%
  • Frag rack

Votes: 142 52.4%
  • Skimmer stand

Votes: 82 30.3%
  • Sump Divider

Votes: 56 20.7%
  • Other (please describe in the discussion)

Votes: 39 14.4%
  • I have not used eggcrate in or around my aquarium

Votes: 69 25.5%
Ultimate Corals