Anyone ever glue SPS frags onto SPS colonies?

dochou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've run out of room in my 150 gal mixed reef tank. Some of my sps colonies are getting quite big and are taking up the best real estate in the tank. These are colonies of easy to grow acros and not too expensive pieces (that's because that's what I started out with). Now that I want to grow out some more expensive sps frags, I find that the prime real estate is located where the older colonies are. So I tried an experiment where I glued some new frags on the tips of the old colonies. I hope it works.
Anyone ever do this or have suggestions?
Thanks!

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think, whichever coral wins the warfare, is the one that will win out.

I have many places where sticks touch each other. Sometimes the one growing over wins and continues to grow, and other times the one under wins and stop the growth of the other. It's really a crap shoot in me eyes.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
grafting corals? I’ve never seen two unrelated types get along really…Some LPS can touch, montis can dance around each other.
Then there is that fusion thing post settle or whatever, maybe someone can explain that

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend getting out the bone cutters and chopping it out. I do it ever 3-4 years or so. Sometimes have to get out the diamond wire saw.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back