Anyone ever put a Rock Flower Nem and Dwarf Lionfish together?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont see a problem with the lion and it would all depend on how nippy your puffer is, if he did nip I dont think it would be an ongoing thing.

OP
OP
Terri Caton

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont see a problem with the lion and it would all depend on how nippy your puffer is, if he did nip I dont think it would be an ongoing thing.

I've read not to put other larger nems in with them but I thought maybe a RFA would be ok. Not big enough to eat the lion fish and small enough that the lion fish might not perch on it.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read not to put other larger nems in with them but I thought maybe a RFA would be ok. Not big enough to eat the lion fish and small enough that the lion fish might not perch on it.

It would be unlikely for the lion to perch on it, it's not really something they would do. They don't usually perch on corals either. Their habits would be more like perching on rocks, even powerheads, against the corners of the sides and edges of overflows. They will hang on the sandbed from time to time, I think they must need more of a harder surface vs something soft. Not to say that it couldn't happen, just very unlikely. Maybe a real itty bitty one might perch and get caught by one, some of the larger carpet nems I have heard can be quite deadly though.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back