Anyone familiar with Santa Monica Rain2 ATS?

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody out there using this?https://www.santa-monica.cc/RAIN2-P...-GEM5-lights--2-cubes-a-day-feeding_p_87.html
IMG_2377.png

The 4 light says upto 300 gal?

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah...well I love mine. Believe most of my setup and first months stuff is in my build thread starting here. The two years since I've put it in have been trouble free. Replaced the screen once, clean it every few weeks (sometimes more, sometimes less). Got busy once and left for 2 months - no problems, just cleaned and all was back to normal. I do still have some GHA (think the rhisomes got established before I installed the RAIN2 (look at earlier pics in thread). But it's only limited to 3 places and I pull it out once I see it growing - takes a min. There's been no spread of GHA since I installed it though.

Haven't updated build thread in a while, but only because it's so stable. And the support from SantaMonica is second to none. Well worth the purchase. Also glad I didn't go the other ATS out there will all the plumbing and big box and light spill. Good luck!

OP
OP
Rp8

Rp8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah...well I love mine. Believe most of my setup and first months stuff is in my build thread starting here. The two years since I've put it in have been trouble free. Replaced the screen once, clean it every few weeks (sometimes more, sometimes less). Got busy once and left for 2 months - no problems, just cleaned and all was back to normal. I do still have some GHA (think the rhisomes got established before I installed the RAIN2 (look at earlier pics in thread). But it's only limited to 3 places and I pull it out once I see it growing - takes a min. There's been no spread of GHA since I installed it though.

Haven't updated build thread in a while, but only because it's so stable. And the support from SantaMonica is second to none. Well worth the purchase. Also glad I didn't go the other ATS out there will all the plumbing and big box and light spill. Good luck!
Thanks!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 13 22.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back