Anyone familiar with smart buddie?

Jjd531

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to get a smart buddie to use with my aquatic life twist in ro unit I also wanted to get the upgrade kit to increase my water production and further decrease my waste. My question is if my water as is, is reaching correct psi do I still need to use the booster buddie? I would like to still use it, from what I understand it will make my water production more efficient. I would assume I need more pressure for the upgrade kit but can I get too much pressure or will the smart buddie account for that and not boost my pressure?

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't say what your pressure is, but the smart buddy will not make it to high. I am fairly happy with the one I have had for about 5 years now. It automatically flushes the membrane on start up, but not for long enough in my opinion.

OP
OP
Jjd531

Jjd531

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't say what your pressure is, but the smart buddy will not make it to high. I am fairly happy with the one I have had for about 5 years now. It automatically flushes the membrane on start up, but not for long enough in my opinion.
I don't know exactly what the pressure is as I moved my setup to the basement from upstairs (top floor, not main) and have since lost my pressure gauge I just know it was in range when I was upstairs, and assuming under the power elevation that im getting more than I was then, i just replaced all my cartridges on my unit and am testing 1tds with my hanna instruments tds checker, and im making water pretty fast. The question was general, but i assume im getting over minimum for what my carts are rated for and then some considering im now on the bottom level of the house now.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Yes! Always go swimming with a smart buddy.... no wait.... that a swimming buddy"

- Michael Scott

The Office Reaction GIF

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back