Anyone find a workaround to Mobious software so it works without the internet?

bigfish1152

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in a place where my phone is lucky to get an internet connection. Found out when my phone does not get a tower signal, I cant log in to Mobious and control my G4's. I am stunned that Ecotech locked us into having to connect to a server before allowing us into the app, to use blue tooth and make changes. My G4s USB does not connect to the computer 97% of the time but works fine "when" I can get into Mobious.

Has anyone found a work around to get Mobious to work without conecting to a server?

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think there is much leeway with how mobius works. Have you considered a cell phone signal booster. They are a pretty common thing here in the mountains.

OP
OP
B

bigfish1152

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think there is much leeway with how mobius works. Have you considered a cell phone signal booster. They are a pretty common thing here in the mountains.

Leeway just depends on how many people have put in the time to switch up the code.

I have looked up providers but know nothing about "boosters". Any good ones come to mind?

Edit: Just noticed they are around $200 average. Not sure thats worth it just to control my tank :/

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes a carrier will subsidize the cost if a complaint is made that the customer has no signal at their primary residence.

SFREEF3R

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in a place where my phone is lucky to get an internet connection. Found out when my phone does not get a tower signal, I cant log in to Mobious and control my G4's. I am stunned that Ecotech locked us into having to connect to a server before allowing us into the app, to use blue tooth and make changes. My G4s USB does not connect to the computer 97% of the time but works fine "when" I can get into Mobious.

Has anyone found a work around to get Mobious to work without conecting to a server?
Do you also not have WiFi?

OP
OP
B

bigfish1152

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you also not have WiFi?
Yes, but not interested in wasting another $100 for their plug in module. Its a bit complicated, but, bottom line is I do not want to have to dpend on ecotech to give me the "okay", tell me I am a good boy to use something I paid for and expect full control over. I know they are trying to be Apple, but they can go and kiss my.............!

Back