anyone finding empty fish food shelves out there?

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local petco freezer was pretty empty yesterday when I went to pick up mysis. They had one pe mysis left and none of the other brands. Second or third time this has happened in the last few months. Wondering if its just this store or if anyone else is seeing shortages out there?

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same experience. And just browse through BRS. Lots of "out of stock" stickers

Killingtime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had that issue yet. All the Petcos I've been to are about fully stocked. You might be seeing the supply chain shortages before me since we are on opposite coasts. ???
Sounds like I need to stock up a bit just in case.

Jdadams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just browsed BRS and they have almost all their frozen foods available. I think petco varies from store to store.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a national frozen food distributor for our own foods as well as PE Mysis and Hikari products we have witnessed a nearly 200% increase in order and sales volume. Many of these orders are from first time customers who own LFS all over the country. Difficulties with LTL freight deliveries, international shipping via cargo ships and other issues have created shortages for larger distributors. Many frozen foods are out of stock at some of the common places retailers look to get their frozen foods. We are receiving pallets of PE Mysis and Hikari products every few weeks to try and stay on top of the situation. Scheduling orders for pallets fo products WELL in advance seems to be the only remedy and those distributors who fail to do so seem to be getting pinched with lack of inventory.

Fakegolfnews

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing is full stock
As a national frozen food distributor for our own foods as well as PE Mysis and Hikari products we have witnessed a nearly 200% increase in order and sales volume. Many of these orders are from first time customers who own LFS all over the country. Difficulties with LTL freight deliveries, international shipping via cargo ships and other issues have created shortages for larger distributors. Many frozen foods are out of stock at some of the common places retailers look to get their frozen foods. We are receiving pallets of PE Mysis and Hikari products every few weeks to try and stay on top of the situation. Scheduling orders for pallets fo products WELL in advance seems to be the only remedy and those distributors who fail to do so seem to be getting pinched with lack of inventory.
Why dont you make it in America?

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do produce all LRS Foods in North Carolina. In addition to our own blends we import and distribute other foods like PE Mysis (which are harvested from a lake in Canada) as well as distribute 65+ different foods from Hikari USA, which are produced overseas. We have a good handle on our order/re-fill rate and have ample inventory to service our customers. Apparently this is not the case for some distributors who have run out of products, possibly until the end of the year according to emails floating around. The same situation is happening across many industries with various goods.

Fakegolfnews

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do produce all LRS Foods in North Carolina. In addition to our own blends we import and distribute other foods like PE Mysis (which are harvested from a lake in Canada) as well as distribute 65+ different foods from Hikari USA, which are produced overseas. We have a good handle on our order/re-fill rate and have ample inventory to service our customers. Apparently this is not the case for some distributors who have run out of products, possibly until the end of the year according to emails floating around. The same situation is happening across many industries with various goods.
Nice, i just started using LRS and really like it. Good to hear its made here.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, i just started using LRS and really like it. Good to hear its made here.

Thank you for the support of our family owned and operated business. We did a walk through video years ago with Mr. Saltwater Tank TV which covers a lot about our process. This video was before we built a 2800 Sq ft shipping and distribution building adjacent to the production kitchen.

It's the top video on this page... http://www.larrysreefservices.com/media-gallery.html

Thanks again and good luck reefing.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local petco freezer was pretty empty yesterday when I went to pick up mysis. They had one pe mysis left and none of the other brands. Second or third time this has happened in the last few months. Wondering if its just this store or if anyone else is seeing shortages out there?
Diy food. This was my Walmart last week
20211017_123825.jpg

Back