Anyone got an aiptasia rock they could sell me?

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the title is crazy right. Long story short I got an order of berghia coming sooner than expected, and no aiptasia to feed them currently. IDE be happy to pay for shipping plus some for a rock with some aiptasia on it, the more the better. IDE also be happy to send some baby berghia back to whoever sends the me rock, assuming I’m successful breeding them, which I should be! Let me know what y’all got!

ps. I do have aiptasia in my tank they are just too scarce and too
Small to keep the berghia alive for very long.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the title is crazy right. Long story short I got an order of berghia coming sooner than expected, and no aiptasia to feed them currently. IDE be happy to pay for shipping plus some for a rock with some aiptasia on it, the more the better. IDE also be happy to send some baby berghia back to whoever sends the me rock, assuming I’m successful breeding them, which I should be! Let me know what y’all got!

A lot harder and more expensive then you think here is a link to my thread and few of the issues I’m having that you will run across.

OP
OP
Ishai Thatcher

Ishai Thatcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot harder and more expensive then you think here is a link to my thread and few of the issues I’m having that you will run across.
I only got one emerald and no brittle stars so that might help me out! Great thread though, I am sorry for your troubles. Have you tried a copperband? I have one in my 120 and he is doing his job there, I just need the berghia for my smaller tanks.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only got one emerald and no brittle stars so that might help me out! Great thread though, I am sorry for your troubles. Have you tried a copperband? I have one in my 120 and he is doing his job there, I just need the berghia for my smaller tanks.
Copperband also eat nudi and copperband can’t get between the rocks and in overflows and sump

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could send me some nudi I have Aiptasia in the back chambers of an AIO. I can keep them feed but no guarantee that I could get them out.

In all seriousness maybe post in local FB groups, CL or reach out to a lfs.

Ghost25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see the problem. You have a small amount of aptasia, you add the nudis, they eat what little you have and then you sell them or they starve. What's the problem? If you get a big aptasia rock and they multiply then you just have way more than you need.

Mppp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can always go to Petco and buy a rock filled with them but as to ghost25’s point I don’t see the problem either.

Anihiel1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still looking for aiptasia rock?

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

if you are getting berghia, then also think about setting up a crappy small tank to culture aphistasia in

Jf14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also am looking for Aiptasia. Do you know if your LFS would be willing to ship Aiptasia to NJ. Could you provide their phone number. Thanks

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back