Anyone have a good mod for Osmolator to use standard Tubing?

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for anyone who's modified the Tunze Osmolator 3155 to use standard RO tubing/fittings. Have a great sump and ATO reservior whcih has great Mur Lok bulkhead/fittings but the Tunze tubing is too big.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can buy it from BRS. Like a 3/8th to 1/4th mur-lock thing.

OP
OP
PedroYoung

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can buy it from BRS. Like a 3/8th to 1/4th mur-lock thing.

I looked and didn't see anything, but I'll give them a call on Monday and see if customer service can help me out.
thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
PedroYoung

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked and didn't see anything, but I'll give them a call on Monday and see if customer service can help me out.
thanks for the reply.
Nevermind, thanks for the link. Didn't see it the first time I checked the post.

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is a super old thread, but when I installed my Tunze 3155, I didn't realize the black tubing was different than the regular 1/4" stuff I had already run from the sump, through the floor, into the basement, over to the ATO bucket. It took me *a lot* of troubleshooting to figure out what the problem was...that the tubing I was using was smaller than the black tubing it came with and not creating a seal.
In the end, what I did was used my tubing and those black plastic hose clamps.Pushed my tubing into the pump and clamped one of those down onto the plastic thing where the hose comes out and another one on the plastic thing that sits on top of the pump housing (does that make sense). That seemed to do the trick and it's been running without any issues since then.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back