Anyone have a good way to dose cupramine for ich

Gmj4409

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took the media rack slightly out and added two more capfuls of bacteria in a bottle also added more smaller elbows because the purple firefish was acting severely stressed at first. now I think they’re all more comfortable till amonia came around of course

3F7DA58F-B72F-4266-A0B6-F132BE6EAA65.jpeg

09B0BB4A-4259-449E-8171-9356BBDB98A5.jpeg
I got a chuckle out of the double ammonia badges! I have gone to the same thing. Can’t trust just one so two makes me feel better. Your badges look fine as far as I can tell with picture. Not sure when your last water change was. I don’t like to go more than 4 or 5 days. I just did one today and was again amazed by how dirty outgoing water was next to incoming clean water. Pain to redose replacement water but well worth it.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a chuckle out of the double ammonia badges! I have gone to the same thing. Can’t trust just one so two makes me feel better. Your badges look fine as far as I can tell with picture. Not sure when your last water change was. I don’t like to go more than 4 or 5 days. I just did one today and was again amazed by how dirty outgoing water was next to incoming clean water. Pain to redose replacement water but well worth it.
Okay I haven’t done a water change and I wasn’t going to unless I couldn’t keep amonia down. Haha the badges yes they’re to cheap to trust all those fish with just one hahaha I will say I didn’t add the second until I saw amonia start to rise. And it did go from bright yellow to a faded version now it’s a bit more green then the picture is showing. I’m making some salt water I’ll do a 20% change do you think I should up that to 40%?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t want to shock the bacteria anymore then I already have like with the copper I’ve been raising and recently cured sand I added. But I am going to start with a 20% water change and get another 40 percent ready just in case ammonia goes up anymore

OP
OP
johnsamm7

johnsamm7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's going Good just got the copper up to .5 today will be leaving it at that for 30 days and will go from there fish are eating like pigs which is great can't wait to be able to add them to the dt

OP
OP
johnsamm7

johnsamm7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My qt was cycling for quite a while before I had to use it so hopefully I don't have to do any water changes we shall see

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My harp tail blenny has been having white stringy poop I hope the prazi works for that but idk how long I can wait till those parasites become a problem

OP
OP
johnsamm7

johnsamm7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can feed metro with focus to bind the med to thier food so nothing leaks into the water column and that is the preferred method cause the food goes right to the source it becomes a problem when they stop eating I went through the same thing and lost a clown due to him not eating at all

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can feed metro with focus to bind the med to thier food so nothing leaks into the water column and that is the preferred method cause the food goes right to the source it becomes a problem when they stop eating I went through the same thing and lost a clown due to him not eating at all
What kind of food frozen or dried?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of food frozen or dried?

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use either but I prefer frozen. I mix metro, focus, a cube or 2 of frozen food, and just enough liquid (I prefer garlic guard to help appetite) to get everything to mix together.
Dry food breaks down too quickly to let the meds really soak in imo.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The metro with focus and selcon has been doug wonders. I haven’t seen white stringy poop in a few days but will continue feeding for the full 3 weeks. Had a bit of an amonia swing for a while and water changes weren’t bringing it down so I decided to give it a couple days and it went down on its own. Probably the copper medication was holding back the bacteria but happy to report all my fish are healthy/swimming/eating 3 times a day.
18 more days of copper and then I’ll attempt prazi.

OP
OP
johnsamm7

johnsamm7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clownfish are fat and happy the white spot did fall off they all did can't wait to be done with the treatment and get them in the dt

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back