Anyone have any knowledge of these pumps for calcium reactor?

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been looking into the masterflex but came across these and thought it might be a more current viable option for the same price point. Anyone used one of these?

Screenshot_20191012-172321.png

OP
OP
W

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know about them. Not BETTER than a masterflex. Somewhere between kamoer and masterflex. They’re a commercial grade pump made for continuous duty.

Thanks @Bpb so better to source a masterflex even if it's a used model? I'm looking at a used digital brushless masterflex and it's around 300 shipped so almost half the pump in question.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look like they may be relabeled MasterFlex pumps though smaller versions. I’d agree to go used MF branded if you can find one.

OP
OP
W

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like the definite route I'll be taking. Another question. If i got the digital model... You can stack heads on it correct? If so then is it possible to have one masterflex take care of 2 separate calcium reactors?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can stack heads. Just keep in mind that the only way to vary flow by head is to use different sized hoses. I tried this with a CaRx and sulfur reactor and concluded it was too much trouble. Bought a second used MF.

LadyTang2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If Will did have 2 heads on the MF assuming that is possible, they both must run at the same rate right?

Also, I have seen the pump below on Cole Parmers site. Allows for 3 different rates, anyone ever used this or know how reliable and durable it is?
smatec REGLO ICC Digital Peristaltic Pump; 3-Channel, 8-Roller

Ismatec REGLO ICC Digital Peristaltic Pump; 3-Channel, 8-Roller

OP
OP
W

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So running the same effluent output on 2 different systems wouldn't be the worst thing considering I could almost entirely adjust the ph inside the 2nd reactor by controlling the co2 input. This wouldn't end up being as efficient co2 wise for the second setup (considering the first system is tuned efficiently through drip rate and bubble count) you would still only end up wasting a little co2 which is cheap compared to a second mf unit.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For that kind of money, just get a masterflex. If you want cheaper, see if you can work with an old Kangaroo - they were the masterflex before masterflex was the masterflex... older, continuous duty and really reliable, but some of them needed board modifications. If you are handy, you can get a pump similar to a masterflex for a fraction of of the money.

OP
OP
W

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For that kind of money, just get a masterflex. If you want cheaper, see if you can work with an old Kangaroo - they were the masterflex before masterflex was the masterflex... older, continuous duty and really reliable, but some of them needed board modifications. If you are handy, you can get a pump similar to a masterflex for a fraction of of the money.

Kamoer is nice just a lot of people have issues with them over time. I can't be ok with that uncertainty when it comes to my pride and joys, and is close to the same price point if you do a little leg work.

Masterflex it is

Back