anyone have any no nexpired BRS codes? for got the supper glue...

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking to see if there are any of the BRS codes that are not expired. I order on Dec. 31 again but forgot the supper glue. will be building 2 aquascapes.

just thought i would ask.

also if anyone know of another 10oz bottle from amazon that would be nice too. been looking at a few from "starbond" but thee pricing seems odd.

thomas_neil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked your lfs? Mine usually has a couple types of super glue and epoxy. It's usually a couple bucks more expensive but you're helping a local business.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked your lfs? Mine usually has a couple types of super glue and epoxy. It's usually a couple bucks more expensive but you're helping a local business.
no LFS around. out here in the wilds not even many people to be honest. we got our 1st traffic light a few years back it was a big deal...lol
You can get a 10pk of gel super glue @ Harbor Freight for $4.
thanks. i'll look into it. wonder if they ship?
@Glue Masters They are a sponsor member on this forum and give an automatic discount for members.
ah yes i was trying to remember that company, thanks.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where do you order to get the discount from?

always wanted to try this glue, did you go with medium or thick?
Thin glue. I used the crushed reef saver rock on the joints. You can order it from BRS pre crushed now..which is well worth it.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pm @Glue Masters

Use this in the joints and add glue to it and it will fuse the rocks. Be warned..don't get the glue on your skin whilst scaping..it will burn. It will burn through gloves too..lol. some people use baking soda for the joints but the crushed rock works well.

Screenshot_20230109_215058_Chrome.jpg

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the thin superglue from Harbor freight that costs $3 for 10 of the small tubes. I’ve never used gluemasters or Bob smith industries but I have heard nothing but good things about both of them.
I put my aquascape together with baking soda in the joints then once I had enough rock dust I started using it for the joints. Both will work well, but the joint looks a little more natural with the rock dust.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thin gluemasters glue works well simply using sand at the joints if you have any dry sand laying around as well.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the thin superglue from Harbor freight that costs $3 for 10 of the small tubes. I’ve never used gluemasters or Bob smith industries but I have heard nothing but good things about both of them.
I put my aquascape together with baking soda in the joints then once I had enough rock dust I started using it for the joints. Both will work well, but the joint looks a little more natural with the rock dust.
The 12 bucks for 3lbs of crushed rock wasn't around when I built mine....totally would have paid that for it. Crushing it by hand sucked...lol

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 12 bucks for 3lbs of crushed rock wasn't around when I built mine....totally would have paid that for it. Crushing it by hand sucked...lol
I didn’t even know they sold it until you posted it. I didn’t purposely crush any but after busting up enough rock I found I had a decent little pile. I agree though that for the price I would just order a jar of it to make my aqua scape.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I built mine, I saved all of the dust from breaking up the large rocks. I put it through a sieve to separate the powder from the bits. I used baking soda in the joints and some of the pebbles from the rocks to fill in large gaps. After I had the joint solid, I used the dust from the rocks as a topcoat. When it was finished it was absolutely indistinguishable from the natural rock.

Thin CA glue and baking soda (IF used correctly) make a joint that is stronger than the rock itself.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I built mine, I saved all of the dust from breaking up the large rocks. I put it through a sieve to separate the powder from the bits. I used baking soda in the joints and some of the pebbles from the rocks to fill in large gaps. After I had the joint solid, I used the dust from the rocks as a topcoat. When it was finished it was absolutely indistinguishable from the natural rock.

Thin CA glue and baking soda (IF used correctly) make a joint that is stronger than the rock itself.

using real reef rock and the purple macro cement that is what i did on my last build. came out pretty good.

i'll use the BRS supper glue gel with a DIY accelerator then cement around the joint.

but yes I hear great things about the way you did it too. :)

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pm @Glue Masters

Use this in the joints and add glue to it and it will fuse the rocks. Be warned..don't get the glue on your skin whilst scaping..it will burn. It will burn through gloves too..lol. some people use baking soda for the joints but the crushed rock works well.

Screenshot_20230109_215058_Chrome.jpg
I just use aragonite sand. Looks natural and works great.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back