anyone have any recommendations for cleaner wrasse annoyance

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
basically I have a cleaner wrasse that just keeps messing with my tangs and my dog face puffer even though they arnt sick just being really really annoying to them all the time. Is there anything I can do to stop this? It’ll be really hard to catch him in my tank but I’m afraid if he doesn’t stop my dog face is gonna give him the “mess around and find out” treatment. Just annoying I might lose him because it was already a big enough battle getting one to do well in captivity but now he’s just harassing all my fish and I do have quite a few fish but since there is no parasites is he even worth keeping? or will he just keep biting them hoping some pop up?

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaner wrasses can sometimes be relentless in their pestering. May sound like a silly question, but since you mentioned “biting” are you sure you have a true cleaner wrasse and not the false cleaner Aspidontus taeniatus?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaner wrasses can sometimes be relentless in their pestering. May sound like a silly question, but since you mentioned “biting” are you sure you have a true cleaner wrasse and not the false cleaner Aspidontus taeniatus?
+1 to this, a photo will be best to get a true ID but you may find you have any of the false cleaners. Some are corallivores as they age but others like taeniatus will weaken other fish.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back