Anyone have experience with 3D scanners?

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm looking for a quality scanner and found this: Revopoint POP 2 . Anyone have experience with scanners? Resolution up to .05mm accuracy for under $1k .

1674567276631.png

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a quality scanner and found this: Revopoint POP 2 . Anyone have experience with scanners? Resolution up to .05mm accuracy for under $1k .

1674567276631.png

Yes. Really depends what you want to scan, its pretty variable in how much it will actually do.

Scanning good quality stuff is a ton of work (markers, dusting, etc) and will require bringing back into a modeling package to fix up the mesh at minimum, or really just use it as a reference to redesign a part. Revopoint does sell a turn table which automates some of the tedium, because that scanner is very sensitive to consistent movement around a part.

The $50k+ scanners are much better, but, 50x the price :)

penglizhou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Really depends what you want to scan, its pretty variable in how much it will actually do.

Scanning good quality stuff is a ton of work (markers, dusting, etc) and will require bringing back into a modeling package to fix up the mesh at minimum, or really just use it as a reference to redesign a part. Revopoint does sell a turn table which automates some of the tedium, because that scanner is very sensitive to consistent movement around a part.

The $50k+ scanners are much better, but, 50x the price :)
Revopoint sells automatic dual-axis turntable: https://shop.revopoint3d.com/products/revopoint-mini-blue-light-3d-scanner

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back