Anyone have experience with Dr. G's coral dip

jtone_philthy_aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the process of doing an in tank treatment with dr. Gs because a few torches I bought a couple months ago had black bugs on them it’s been crazy to say the least. These things are by far the worst experience I’ve ever had with pests in this hobby. I’ve been growing coral for 14 years and I thought I’ve seen it all lol….. yeaaaa I was very very wrong for thinking that! These things started out by attacking all of my lps they killed my torches in my quarantine system like 3000 bucks worth along with all of the other lps I had in that tank and now they have moved on to all of my acros and montipora frags. It’s been a mess. I didn’t catch them until a few weeks after they got into this system. They work fast man because they have just destroyed this tank in a very short amount of time. After a lot of research I had to act fast so I’ve been doing back to back in tank treatments with this dip. I figured screw it everything was gonna die either way so I’m going all out on these things. I’ve just been nuking the tank week after week. I actually managed to save about a quarter of what was in this system including some lps (hammers) surprisingly.
Sorry for the rant I didn’t mean to take over I just needed to talk to some fellow reefers that might know some things that I don’t when it comes to black bugs. I think I have killed all or most at this point and I have a brand new system set up it’s beautiful I was already in the process of setting a new tank up before I even knew about this issue. I just don’t trust putting any of these frags into the new tank now!! I really don’t know when it’s going to be safe to say that I for sure killed all of them. I don’t want to take that gamble and lose because I can’t go through this again. I may just keep these frags in quarantine for like 6 months to a year…… idk

sorry again and thanks guys I hope everything is going well with your system!!

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the process of doing an in tank treatment with dr. Gs because a few torches I bought a couple months ago had black bugs on them it’s been crazy to say the least. These things are by far the worst experience I’ve ever had with pests in this hobby. I’ve been growing coral for 14 years and I thought I’ve seen it all lol….. yeaaaa I was very very wrong for thinking that! These things started out by attacking all of my lps they killed my torches in my quarantine system like 3000 bucks worth along with all of the other lps I had in that tank and now they have moved on to all of my acros and montipora frags. It’s been a mess. I didn’t catch them until a few weeks after they got into this system. They work fast man because they have just destroyed this tank in a very short amount of time. After a lot of research I had to act fast so I’ve been doing back to back in tank treatments with this dip. I figured screw it everything was gonna die either way so I’m going all out on these things. I’ve just been nuking the tank week after week. I actually managed to save about a quarter of what was in this system including some lps (hammers) surprisingly.
Sorry for the rant I didn’t mean to take over I just needed to talk to some fellow reefers that might know some things that I don’t when it comes to black bugs. I think I have killed all or most at this point and I have a brand new system set up it’s beautiful I was already in the process of setting a new tank up before I even knew about this issue. I just don’t trust putting any of these frags into the new tank now!! I really don’t know when it’s going to be safe to say that I for sure killed all of them. I don’t want to take that gamble and lose because I can’t go through this again. I may just keep these frags in quarantine for like 6 months to a year…… idk

sorry again and thanks guys I hope everything is going well with your system!!
What dosage did you use?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back