Anyone have luck with a pair of copperbands?

RazorD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking of attempting a pair of copperbands. Has anyone had luck with this?

Thanks in advance!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
See recent post by Abhishek in search box

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t seen it done in a display tank but at my LFS we often get multiple copper bands in and keep them in one of our frag tanks that has a huge pod population, we have had three in there at a time and I’ve never seen aggression between them but this hasn’t been long term once they are seen eating people buy them very quickly

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not personally tried it but know a couple of people who did and it didn't go well. One saw instant aggression that didn't stop even after a few weeks and the other had a little squabbling to begin with that got worse after a couple of months to the point they needed to be split up.
I'm not sure if it's a case of getting the right two fish but I think you will have at least some trial and error.

Yas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't keep two Copperbands, but one Copperband and one Margined Coralfish succesfully. My case may not be a good reference for you because Margined Coralfish is a very friendly and peaceful fish that doesn't threaten or get nervous to others. I've seen someone's blog where he keeps multiple Chelmon speacies in a tank like I do. So I guess it would be ok.
IMG_20190901_161401.jpg

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't keep two Copperbands, but one Copperband and one Margined Coralfish succesfully. My case may not be a good reference for you because Margined Coralfish is a very friendly and peaceful fish that doesn't threaten or get nervous to others. I've seen someone's blog where he keeps multiple Chelmon speacies in a tank like I do. So I guess it would be ok.
IMG_20190901_161401.jpg
That is amazing

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to chime in Chaetodontidae are gonochorous. So they can't be simply paired like clowns and angels. Some people are successful. Need to find a male and a female, and those need to be appropriately sized to facilitate pairing. I have heard some rumors around some differences in nose structure in male and female copperbands but that is far from confirmed.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back