Anyone have the CPR Aquafuge with the Skimmer??

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the regular CPR refugium but i'm thinking of upgrading to the skimmer version just to have a skimmer on the tank. I don't have the room for a sump so have to stay HOB. And i don't want to add a HOB skimmer as it looks ugly in the tank. Well my question is are you happy with the skimmer version aquafuge???

patedship

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy has one that he is looking to get rid of. I believe his is the 22" long model. But it does a decent job of skimming if you do some simple mods to it.

J. Montgomery

Mouth Pipetting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the more recently AquaFuge II refugium, without skimmer. I haven't been real happy with the output design. They got rid of the baffles, and I have trouble with mine dropping bubbles into the display tank. I'd like to try some different pumps to see if a higher flow rate would help, but I haven't had the chance to try that yet. Though on a plus side, my mandarin fattened up nicely when I added it due to all the pods.

OP
OP
Hypertek99

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah my mandarin is pretty fat too. It was on the verge of starvation when i bought it 7 months ago.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back