Anyone having success with the GHL KH Director?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read many negative comments on the GHL KH Director. I honestly would like to see some positive reviews on this thing. Usually on forums you only read about the bad or people looking for help. Most of the time if everything is going well you never hear about it. So I'm asking all of you that have this to brag about the KH Director and explain your success with it.

I already own the GHL Profilux 4 Controller. Basically, I am looking at getting one and need some positive feedback to push me over the edge. Please no "just do it" comments. I'm looking for more info than that.

Gonzo74

Nibbling on sponge cake...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know how to set the KH Director to adaptive mode, or whatever mode I need to be on for it to auto dose the correct amount?

I can’t find a manga that talks me through this anywhere.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know how to set the KH Director to adaptive mode, or whatever mode I need to be on for it to auto dose the correct amount?

I can’t find a manga that talks me through this anywhere.
@Gonzo74 You mght have better luck finding your answer here:

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AZMSGT - Sorry I missed this post :). I been running two now for almost 18 months. They been both running very well, and are set up two different ways.

One is set up via Adaptive and is doing 3 part dosing. (Aquaforest), it did take me a little while to dial it in. Mostly because I needed to monitor it for 3 months to make sure my dosing was correct before just turning it on. I enabled adaptive and been at 7.1. I had to make a few adjustments based on AWC running on the tank, but after that it fluctuates .1 through the day .2 at night.

The other is on a calcium reactor, running the Calcium Reactor mode. Again this one took a while to dial in, but once dialed in that tank is running at 8.0 without any issues.

I did find the Calcium Realtor version easier to dial in for some reason, but I also believe that has to do with the age of the tank. One tank is almost 7 years old while the other is less then 2.

Hope this helps :)

Matthijs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running the KH director on my tank and on another tank I'm maintaining.
Both kh directors work like a charm but I had alot of issues with mine as I had the very first version.
They did some improvements and the last months I am very pleased with it (what certainely wasn't the case in the beginning but the aftersales service from GHL is topnotch!).
I don't use it to control as I have a Dastaco on both tanks and just need to turn a knob if my KH fluctuates.
Hope this helps you decide but for sure these auto measurements are a big improvement for my tank!
Just went on holidays for 2 weeks and I must admit this was a stress-factor less.

Grtz,
Matthijs

Back