Anyone in reading PA area??

Mike1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I live in reading area . I was ewonderinif there's anyone else nearby? Just need help with my saltwater tank... Also looking for used equipment

DancingShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you stopped in exotic fish and pets on 5th st highway?
Also about 50 minutes away there is a frag swap in that fish place, that pet place. A lot of reefers from the around the area will be attending.

OP
OP
Mike1995

Mike1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you stopped in exotic fish and pets on 5th st highway?
Also about 50 minutes away there is a frag swap in that fish place, that pet place. A lot of reefers from the around the area will be attending.

Yes these are my two favorite stores in world :) I go all the time!
Unfortunately I can't go to the frag swap :( just don't have the money this week

OP
OP
Mike1995

Mike1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Dover, Pa...outside of York and just below Harrisburg.
That fish place has really gone down hill in the last couple years...I really don't even stop in there much anymore.

Definitely agree. The dry goods section is still pretty good, I've found some awesome deals in there.. but the live stock is either too expensive or just not a lot of selection. Or the cleanliness of the tanks. Some of the employees aren't really nice either. I have in the past found some gems tho. Had a male true Midas cichlid (not the red devil Midas mix) come from there. A rare pike cichlid. A few others. But lately they just don't seem to care.

Brad Miller

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was working out that way about 2 weeks ago and stopped in for some mangrove...they wanted $35 for a single 8-10" one.
I told them that their pricing was a mistake and to check, they said that's what they sell them for.
No macro algae ...ever.
Coral are hit and mis and not to good looking anymore.
I now stick to online ordering for everything but will shop there for dry goods.

DancingShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I have noticed this especially after all of this export banning. Live rock section have gotten hit the worst. I still go over since I pick up stuff for my dogs.

Plus they sometimes send out worth while coupons in the mail. Last weekend I picked up 3 reef crystal 200gal boxes for the price of 2 with a coupon. It was around 90 bucks.

My prefer store right now would have to be something fishy near Allentown.

Brad Miller

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice score on the salt !
I noticed their salt prices are lower than before now, I'm gonna do the same thing soon.

I get the coupons in the mail, but I still never got 1 email from that fish place and i signed up several years ago.

OP
OP
Mike1995

Mike1995

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get the coupons too. Some pretty nice deals.

MightyMouse85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy my salt at something fishy as they have a great deal but their fish and coral are usually overpriced and seen many fish in the past with ick but lately the fish have been much healthier looking. Friendly staff though. When I get my qt up and going again and they have a deal I might snag a few fish.

Temp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got down towards philly for coral. Aquarium specialities in Malvern. Mike has a lot of coral selections. You can look it up on Facebook. He usually shows what he has.

DancingShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a PSA. Reef and tails is now opened in west lawn/ reading, pa. Stumble on this place when I went in there to get my air tanks filled up. It shares the building with Scuba Ventures.

Guys are friendly and have been doing saltwater from their basement for a long time now. Just wanted you guys to know so we can support our brick and mortar stores.

Never seem a tube anemone in person till now.
20190406_154018.jpg
20190406_155020.jpg

PAreefer08

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm up in the Hamburg area. I primarily deal with Joel at Exotic Fish and Pets. Other wise I get all my corals from Jeremy over at Sky's Lagoon.

Just a PSA. Reef and tails is now opened in west lawn/ reading, pa. Stumble on this place when I went in there to get my air tanks filled up. It shares the building with Scuba Ventures.

Guys are friendly and have been doing saltwater from their basement for a long time now. Just wanted you guys to know so we can support our brick and mortar stores.

Never seem a tube anemone in person till now.
20190406_154018.jpg
20190406_155020.jpg

I don't believe you are 100% correct there. Malcolm Smith used to own Reef and Tails, which he ran out of his basement over by Austin's. He sold it to the owner of Scuba Venture. I used to deal with Mal quite a bit. I tried dealing with the new guys, who even gave me his personal cell phone number when I was trying to order fish. He eventually stopped answering me when I texted him every 2 weeks or so looking for a specific fish. Haven't been back since. This was pretty soon after they opened in West Lawn, not all of their tanks were even full of water.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back