anyone install and air exchanger in the reef room/living room to help with PH?

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i am thinking of installing an air exchanger in my living room/ reef tank room to help raise the PH.. i already use a protein skimmer , kalk reactor and co2 scrubber but still struggle with low PH 7.8 - 8.0... anyone install a room air exchanger and have good results? thanks.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i am thinking of installing an air exchanger in my living room/ reef tank room to help raise the PH.. i already use a protein skimmer , kalk reactor and co2 scrubber but still struggle with low PH 7.8 - 8.0... anyone install a room air exchanger and have good results? thanks.
What about testing the CO2 in the room first to see if there is a problem? I bought a $24 monitor off of Amazon. I don't trust the accuracy of the numbers too much, but I can use it to measure relative differences between rooms, or between a room and outdoors. The model I bought isn't avilavble any longer, but this one is similar:

Jay

OP
OP
acropora4u

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about testing the CO2 in the room first to see if there is a problem? I bought a $24 monitor off of Amazon. I don't trust the accuracy of the numbers too much, but I can use it to measure relative differences between rooms, or between a room and outdoors. The model I bought isn't avilavble any longer, but this one is similar:

Jay

its a Co2 issue as when i open a window the PH rises by at least .5... thanks for your recommendation though

reef x corals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not, but there are threads where people have installed an HRV. Searching on ERV or HRV will turn up most of them.
Good morning Randy!!! Had sent you a message to reach out thru a post and now I can’t find it. Is there anyway you can DM me please!! Thank you!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back