Anyone interested in taking a tank off my hands?

shartpants007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I'm living at college, I hardly ever have time for tank maintenance anymore and I'm low on cash for a lot of stuff I'd need for the tank. I have a family member taking care of it while I'm away, but it's not doing great and it stresses me out when I come home. I'd just be giving away the tank, rock, and livestock to hopefully someone with lots of experience and equipment who could turn the tank around. I haven't made my mind up 100% on if I want to get rid of it. It's not so bad the inhabitants are unhappy yet and I would feel bad because I really enjoyed it when I had more time for it, but it would be nice to know who I could give it to if I do decide I want out. Pics can be found in some of my previous posts. I wouldn't say no to maybe $60 for it but you could talk me down. A lot.
I'm in the South Jersey area near Stratford.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I'm living at college, I hardly ever have time for tank maintenance anymore and I'm low on cash for a lot of stuff I'd need for the tank. I have a family member taking care of it while I'm away, but it's not doing great and it stresses me out when I come home. I'd just be giving away the tank, rock, and livestock to hopefully someone with lots of experience and equipment who could turn the tank around. I haven't made my mind up 100% on if I want to get rid of it. It's not so bad the inhabitants are unhappy yet and I would feel bad because I really enjoyed it when I had more time for it, but it would be nice to know who I could give it to if I do decide I want out. Pics can be found in some of my previous posts. I wouldn't say no to maybe $60 for it but you could talk me down. A lot.
I'm in the South Jersey area near Stratford.
Trying to find a picture of what you have.

OP
OP
shartpants007

shartpants007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to find a picture of what you have.
This is a few months old but it shows most of it. There's only one clownfish now though and the zoa's aren't doing great. Also the most of the feather dusters are gone unfortunately. 20 gal long. A few hermits and snails as well as a scarlet skunk and peppermint shrimp

Screenshot_20211205-182246.png

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
This is a few months old but it shows most of it. There's only one clownfish now though and the zoa's aren't doing great. Also the most of the feather dusters are gone unfortunately. 20 gal long. A few hermits and snails as well as a scarlet skunk and peppermint shrimp

Screenshot_20211205-182246.png
I'm right around the corner in Cherry Hill. Is the tank where you're comfortable with it being?
Would you consider having a fellow reefer come take care of it rather than move it?

OP
OP
shartpants007

shartpants007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm right around the corner in Cherry Hill. Is the tank where you're comfortable with it being?
Would you consider having a fellow reefer come take care of it rather than move it?
Thanks for the offer. The ideal would definitely be to fix the tank rather than get rid of it, but unfortunately, if you're proposing what I think, I wouldn't be too comfortable with other people being in my house when I'm not, nor would I have much to pay you with. I'm going to do some thorough maintenance today, and if the tank doesn't show signs of improvement in a week, I'm probably going to have to sell it.

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks for the offer. The ideal would definitely be to fix the tank rather than get rid of it, but unfortunately, if you're proposing what I think, I wouldn't be too comfortable with other people being in my house when I'm not, nor would I have much to pay you with. I'm going to do some thorough maintenance today, and if the tank doesn't show signs of improvement in a week, I'm probably going to have to sell it.
No problem, I totally understand. Just thought I'd throw it out there! :)

OP
OP
shartpants007

shartpants007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem, I totally unders

No problem, I totally understand. Just thought I'd throw it out there! :)
Would you be interested in buying the tank? It's been about 2 weeks and it's only gotten worse. The main problem right now is algae, which I got to go away a bit, but now it's come back in full force and is killing some of the coral

OP
OP
shartpants007

shartpants007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump in case anyone is interested. I definitely think it would be best if someone with more time and money could take it off my hands

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back