Anyone kept a dogface puffer in a reef tank?

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just curious if anyone tried it. I have a Valentini puffer in my reef for 3+ years now and I adore him. Just curious if anyones tried a Dogface and what the experience was like?

What did it eat that you didn’t want it to eat?

lulubap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a dog face in a bit of an aggressive tank at work. Tank mates include a swallowtail hawkfish, naoko wrasse, and a type of black damsel? He's basically the king of the tank. Munches happily on a mix of some LRS reef frenzy and mysis shrimp. Haven't seen him eat much of anything mostly because it's a retail tank so all there is to the tank is mature dry rock. He does, however, do a better job at sand sifting than any false sand sifter goby. You can see that the sand in the dog puffer tank is much wavier because he constantly blows into it looking for more food.

Also a bonus: is a huge narcissist and loves looking at himself in the mirror. So much so he almost misses feeding time. No need to break up food for him either, he inhales.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back