Anyone know if bisma worms moult?

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very little info online about these guys. Looked at my tank today and saw a little white whipsy featherly like exoskeleton that im thinkin is one of the worms moulting? Not sure if they molt and barely any info on their growth. Please lmk what you guys think. I cant get a pic because its small and floating in the water column.

OP
OP
PeterB113

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very little info online about these guys. Looked at my tank today and saw a little white whipsy featherly like exoskeleton that im thinkin is one of the worms moulting? Not sure if they molt and barely any info on their growth. Please lmk what you guys think. I cant get a pic because its small and floating in the water column.
Damm i guess nobody really knows about these guys.

OP
OP
PeterB113

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had some for 4 years and have never seen them molt.
Thank you! Were your worms alot smaller when your first got them??if so how do they grow? If its not the worms that molted it could be the barnacle i have in the tank. I know they moult but it looked exactly like the bisma worms. Thanks for your help!

StlSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't find any information on them molting, I don't think they do. They grow pretty slow, I broadcast feed live phyto daily and Reef Roids/Benereef twice a week. They have never reproduced in my tank and I haven't heard of any cases where they have reproduced in an aquarium.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back