Anyone know if I can use this around the tank?

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
diatomaceous earth is not sprayed, you just lay some down on the floor around the bed and on the bed itself. You most likely need to let it sit overnight because they are nocturnal and you will need to sleep some where else.

edit.... you will need to vacuum this stuff up if you go this route.

Last edited:

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firstly, man o man am I sorry dude... they are a menace and do get in the walls and travel long distances to get to warm bodies
Good news is you don't live in Central America, where I did and for a while and they get the type that transmits Chagas
Sounds like SFin knows his elbows from his ankles and would listen to him - but that fungus approach - bio- control - seems exciting

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Take the bed outside and apply product to reduce any exposures to tank

OP
OP
Andresnyc93

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Firstly, man o man am I sorry dude... they are a menace and do get in the walls and travel long distances to get to warm bodies
Good news is you don't live in Central America, where I did and for a while and they get the type that transmits Chagas
Sounds like SFin knows his elbows from his ankles and would listen to him - but that fungus approach - bio- control - seems exciting
And we haven’t had a guest in years, ugh this is the worst. I basically live with an alcohol bottle next to me just in case I need to spray myself

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Would I be able to put some around the corners opposite side from tank?
As long as it does not become atmospheric and cover tank with saran wrap

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
diatomaceous earth is not sprayed, you just lay some down on the floor around the bed and on the bed itself. You most likely need to let it sit overnight because they are nocturnal and you will need to sleep some where else.

edit.... you will need to vacuum this stuff up if you go this route.
If they don't sense carbon dioxide they won't move till they get very hungry. A bed bug only needs to feed once about every 5 days.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've never used it its supposed to be good stuff. Like all pesticides please read the label and follow manufacturers directions. They put them there for a reason. You don't need to mix stronger for better results. The label is the LAW!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Andresnyc93

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've never used it its supposed to be good stuff. Like all pesticides please read the label and follow manufacturers directions. They put them there for a reason. You don't need to mix stronger for better results. The label is the LAW!!!!!!!!
I’ll order one of this as well, thanks so much

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately this won't do anything for bed bugs
He has a special treatment for those, but have not had to use it myself. That is why I say call professional. I would just want it taken care of, yuck.
Had a friend that got them and they had to seal their home and bring temp up to like 160 degrees or something. He had reefs too, so really wanted to know my thoughts on what to do.
In the end, I think he moved his reef temporarily. What a pain!

OP
OP
Andresnyc93

Andresnyc93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He has a special treatment for those, but have not had to use it myself. That is why I say call professional. I would just want it taken care of, yuck.
Had a friend that got them and they had to seal their home and bring temp up to like 160 degrees or something. He had reefs too, so really wanted to know my thoughts on what to do.
I’m glad I am moving away soon. Ordered the fungicide and will use as soon as it gets here and get back to you guys with a verdict

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need a Pro, we’ve been through this twice from the same guest. I put a large air pump outside, in a bucket, tubed the air inside to the tank and sump. Removed the HOB Skimmer, wrapped everything in Plastic wrap, I used a whole roll. All the food went outside. Washed everything with Dawn Dish soap that would come in contact with the aquarium, afterwards. BTW They were in the area where the tank was too.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya it would not be good for a reef tank. Chemical can be done you have to seal up the tank and sump its possible.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • None.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.5%
Back