Anyone know what kind of fish this is

FriedReef TV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I'm kind of new to the hobby so my fish index isn't very extensive lol. Anyone know what kind of fish this is? I won the copepod giveaway from algae barn and they sent me this instead. He doesn't look too good but I'm going to try to save him. I have him acclimating to my quarantine right now with the lights off and flow low to help with stress. Anyway, if anyone could help me out with this guy? Thanksfish
IMG_20190221_100411_313.jpeg
20190221_100046.jpeg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you mean by him not looking too good (if he’s breathing hard or something like that) but from the pics he looks fine to me! That’s what matted filefish look like
I missed this in the original reply. Filefish behave very strangey, it's difficult to tell if they're ill or not. They're a relatively hardy fish, especially once you get them feeding.

OP
OP
FriedReef TV

FriedReef TV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you mean by him not looking too good (if he’s breathing hard or something like that) but from the pics he looks fine to me! That’s what matted filefish look like
He was just barely moving and acted like her was about to die but he's good now

OP
OP
FriedReef TV

FriedReef TV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed this in the original reply. Filefish behave very strangey, it's difficult to tell if they're ill or not. They're a relatively hardy fish, especially once you get them feeding.
Ok good to know he acted very stressed and like he was about to kick the bucket when he came but hes pretty active now and eating

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back