Anyone know what kind of hammer this is?

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this hammer a while ago and its been doing good and opening up. But recently my other hammer near this one has not been doing to good. Anyone know if this is a hammer and what kind?

IMG_2900.jpg

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this hammer a while ago and its been doing good and opening up. But recently my other hammer near this one has not been doing to good. Anyone know if this is a hammer and what kind?

IMG_2900.jpg
I want to say this is a torch coral but I’m not so sure. Got any more pics?

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Branching hammer, most likely Indonesia, hammers don’t really do warfare in the same genus

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_2900.jpg
Kind of looks like a Frammer (Frogspawn Hybrid Hammer) There's variations of these in the hobby. But they (Frogspawn and Hammers) typically have the same care requirements, and can co-exist normally without any issues.

Give us photos about your other hammer and what's "not doing well" about it instead.

OP
OP
fishski13

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Branching hammer, most likely Indonesia, hammers don’t really do warfare in the same genus

Kind of looks like a Frammer (Frogspawn Hybrid Hammer) There's variations of these in the hobby. But they (Frogspawn and Hammers) typically have the same care requirements, and can co-exist normally without any issues.

Give us photos about your other hammer and what's "not doing well" about it instead.
thats already in another forum, this one was just for identification of this one hammer

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like some kind of frogspawn and also a member of the Euphillia family but not sure which one. They are peaceful to each other, so it's not likely a coral warfare if a hammer is next to it. Maybe a placement. Try a different location.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_2900.jpg
Yeah, I don't think that's a hammer. Looks more like a torch and it isn't happy they way the tissue is receded off the skeleton.

So, water parameters?

And definatly need pic of other coral that's "not" happy.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_2900.jpg
This really looks more like a torch (or cristata) to me. The pic is a little blurry so I could be wrong, but I don't see any mis-shapen tips (they are all round), and none of the tentacles are branching (like you'd see in a frogspawn). If it IS a torch, then it likely won't get along well with a hammer or frogspawn.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One area of tissue recession is circled in red. Healthy branching euphyllia and fimbriaphyllia have tissue growth well down the branch, covering the skeleton.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220502-133156.png
    Screenshot_20220502-133156.png
    981.6 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
fishski13

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One area of tissue recession is circled in red. Healthy branching euphyllia and fimbriaphyllia have tissue growth well down the branch, covering the skeleton.
All three heads are like that and that how I brought it from the lfs in December. And when this hammer opens up it become more wide and I never seen an issue with it receding.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All three heads are like that and that how I brought it from the lfs in December. And when this hammer opens up it become more wide and I never seen an issue with it receding.
I understand, and a lot of them do look like yours. But you asked where we saw recession, so I wanted to give you an answer. As long as it doesn't continue to lose tissue, it's probably fine.

Back