Anyone know what kind of media I need for my rodi unit?

Zaven D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I am needing to change the media in my Rodi unit the thing is I’m not really sure what replacement filters I need as I was given this unit and the cartridge doesn’t have any special markings and what not.

Anyone able to recognize this this unbranded unit, and or recommend a replacement filter if y’all need me to I can pull out the other cartridges to show you what those look like.
B6A7DA75-D79F-43D0-845A-3763469F5A59.jpeg
image.jpg
DD7978CB-DEAC-4E07-AC01-617CC3F0612D.jpeg

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For starters, you will need a 1 micron sediment filter in the first stage and a 1 micron carbon block in the second stage.

In order to recommend the proper filter for the third stage I must ask:

1). Are the second and third canister attached?

2). Or does the second canister attach to the RO membrane housing, then does the output of the RO membrane housing attach to the third canister?

If the answer is #1, then you’ll need and additional carbon block. Then you need to look into purchasing a DI stage for your RO system.

If the answer is #2, then you’ll just need a DI cartridge and you’ll be all set, though adding a triple TDS meter would be immensely helpful to allow you to measure your source water, post RO membrane and post DI resin TDS.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, would you be needing an RO membrane as well? I didn’t see an RO membrane housing in your pictures. If it doesn’t have an RO membrane housing, you might be better served picking up a new unit from BRS as you’ll need to also buy a RO membrane housing, RO membrane, flow restrictor and a bunch of tubing and connectors as well.

Last edited:

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waterdog has provided a great couple posts for you to look at and consider. Your unit looks just to be a filter system and NOT an RODI unit. Although it can be easily converted to RODI.

OP
OP
Zaven D

Zaven D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, would you be needing an RO membrane as well? I didn’t see an RO membrane housing in your pictures. If it doesn’t have an RO membrane housing, you might be better served picking up a new unit from BRS as you’ll need to also buy a RO membrane housing, RO membrane, flow restrictor and a bunch of tubing and connectors as well.
Water dog thank you so much for your help! I have gone ahead and swapped out my unit with a brs 6 stage. Now I am with another situation on my hands. I don’t get enough pressure into my system around 10psi. Trying to find a booster pump that can help alleviate that problem without burning it out.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back