Anyone know what type of anemone this is ?!?

shyann009

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what type of anemone this is ? I got it at a Lfs, they claimed it was a Haitian, but it was no colored tips. It could actually be but not 110% sure.

image.jpg image.jpg

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LTA's are sand dwellars. Does it have pink tips? Haitian = pink tipped = condylactis

Last edited:

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell from pics. Looks like a ritteri or condy

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nope , completely brown
Colors at the store don't really reflect what the anemone should be. Shipping and then being in a poorly lit tank for who knows how long are factors.

OP
OP
shyann009

shyann009

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LTA's are sand dwellars. Does it have pink tips? Haitian = pink tipped = condylactis
no , i also have a pink condy tip. which is white with bright purple tips. this one looks nothing similar to that one

OP
OP
shyann009

shyann009

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Colors at the store don't really reflect what the anemone should be. Shipping and then being in a poorly lit tank for who knows how long are factors.
it’s slightly getting a green / blue tint to it.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a Caribbean condy. Possibly a green tip. Tent shape and it having an orange foot is a dead give away.

If in crap light at distributor and stressed while shipping, it is typical for them to go brown. Usually if in a good tank with stable water and good light, a month and they get back to normal.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTA have foot and column with uniform color all the way up the column. LTA, Crispa or Malu are all sand bed anemones with color darker at the foot and get lighter up the column. Colors can be vary from species, and verrucae pattern are different depends on the species, and BTA have no verrucae.
Another anemone species that I this anemone can be is H. magnifica. They can look essentially the same and BTA, other than the shape of the mouth, toe oral plate pattern, and she bubble shape of the tentacles.
In this case, most likely BTA, less likely Magnifica. It is unlikely to be LTA, Crispa or Malu.

Clearer pictures are needed. Oral plate/mouth, tentacles and picture of foot/column.

That is my story and I am sticking to it. :)

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTA have foot and column with uniform color all the way up the column. LTA, Crispa or Malu are all sand bed anemones with color darker at the foot and get lighter up the column. Colors can be vary from species, and verrucae pattern are different depends on the species, and BTA have no verrucae.
Another anemone species that I this anemone can be is H. magnifica. They can look essentially the same and BTA, other than the shape of the mouth, toe oral plate pattern, and she bubble shape of the tentacles.
In this case, most likely BTA, less likely Magnifica. It is unlikely to be LTA, Crispa or Malu.

Clearer pictures are needed. Oral plate/mouth, tentacles and picture of foot/column.

That is my story and I am sticking to it. :)
I'd never argue with you ;) .... I have seen an LTA or two venture to the rocks but thats pretty darn rare. Would love to see pics of the column as you mention , see if there are any markings. Thinking BTA as you suggest or Condy, seen some pretty varied shapes and colouration on them....

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back