Anyone know what type of anemone this is ?!?

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haitian nem is just a fancy name for condylactis. I have one just like yours, I can tell it's not an LTA or Sebae as it's tentacles are evenly spread across the disc and cylindrical. The solid orange foot is another surefire sign of a Condylactis. She is most definitely not a BTA, the color of both the foot and tentacles are a sign enough, but the morphology is also completely different in tentacle shape and length (comparing this to a non-bubbly BTA).
Be warned, condies will not host clowns and have a very potent sting, and they will eat slugs, shrimp and snails on occasion. She will also move to the sand in time, they like having their foot buried.

OP
OP
shyann009

shyann009

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haitian nem is just a fancy name for condylactis. I have one just like yours, I can tell it's not an LTA or Sebae as it's tentacles are evenly spread across the disc and cylindrical. The solid orange foot is another surefire sign of a Condylactis. She is most definitely not a BTA, the color of both the foot and tentacles are a sign enough, but the morphology is also completely different in tentacle shape and length (comparing this to a non-bubbly BTA).
Be warned, condies will not host clowns and have a very potent sting, and they will eat slugs, shrimp and snails on occasion. She will also move to the sand in time, they like having their foot buried.
looking at my new updated videos , a clown is hosting

OP
OP
shyann009

shyann009

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• A8E25594-EC30-4253-BF0F-0745FA1EB5C0.png
    A8E25594-EC30-4253-BF0F-0745FA1EB5C0.png
    723.5 KB · Views: 58
  • CBDF2BF5-7213-48A0-841A-9A2BDD5CDCBE.png
    CBDF2BF5-7213-48A0-841A-9A2BDD5CDCBE.png
    758.8 KB · Views: 62

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFT looks more like a Condylactis anemone now but pictures of area I requested is needed to be sure.

OP
OP
shyann009

shyann009

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there anyway a clown can over host an anemone ? he is fairly large ( the clown ) and the anemone has been fine , super opened , has a lot of flow yada-yada. but i did notice today the anemone has very small and closed. any ideas of what could be wrong ? or could it just be expelling the water in the tentacles.

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there anyway a clown can over host an anemone ? he is fairly large ( the clown ) and the anemone has been fine , super opened , has a lot of flow yada-yada. but i did notice today the anemone has very small and closed. any ideas of what could be wrong ? or could it just be expelling the water in the tentacles.
This is likely day to day changes, nothing to worry about, mine can go from 15 inches one day to 7 the next. Its back and forth. As for the Nem hosting the clown ? Ya they can at times get a little sick of it, so to speak if Clown a bit rambunctious, not sure bout that here though, I would just watch the pair and see over next while....

OP
OP
shyann009

shyann009

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is likely day to day changes, nothing to worry about, mine can go from 15 inches one day to 7 the next. Its back and forth. As for the Nem hosting the clown ? Ya they can at times get a little sick of it, so to speak if Clown a bit rambunctious, not sure bout that here though, I would just watch the pair and see over next while....
the clown can seem a little aggressive at time hosting. but i will keep an eye out if things change. thank you

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns bite on the tentacles if they are bubbly to get them more stringy lol it infuriates me but ye clowns can annoy nems a little but I think overall they help it

OP
OP
shyann009

shyann009

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
new halloween hermit. highly recommend very beautiful, update on the anemone as well. the clown is nose deep

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 35
Back