Anyone know where i can find a not so expensive frag of bill murray or walt disney

Damian reef boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a not so expensive frag of bill murray or Walt Disney because my mom thinks in crazy for buying a frag worth 150 dollars plus shiping ;Dead

OP
OP
Damian reef boi

Damian reef boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might be helpful if you put where you live. When you don’t have to pay for shipping and can pick it up in person, that can knock about $30 or so off the price.
The problem is where I live (el paso tx) there isn't that many people I know that have acropora except slimer

Mini colony

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe im lucky i found a guy who live near me and he have all high end sps i wanted and only sell for half price i got a wd for $30 and size is over 1.25 inch because i bought alot of coral from him

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to look locally. Ask on your frag club FB group if anyone has a frag of WD. This is how I have been getting all my high end corals.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping is going to be at least $50 - no way around this. People selling cheap frags are not discounting shipping like a vendor who just sold a bunch of full-priced frags. Like others said, look locally. WD is less than $50 a frag around here, but the market is very saturated with it here in Denver where 1"+ pieces sit in stores for a long time at $75. El Paso is tough - bad break.... but it looks like the El Paso Reef Club facebook has over 1300 members.

Don't discount your Mom's advice. While an expensive frag is no big deal for me being a middle age professional, for a kid (sorry, assuming), it is probably not smart. No parent has ever been wrong about their kids NOT spending money on wheels or LED lights for their sheetbox, fart can mufflers, 10 pairs of Jordans or expensive frags. They still do it anyway, and it is the circle of life, but it does not mean that they are wrong. :) I did not get it either until I was about 21 and even though I am a Dad now with 5 daughters, they don't want to hear that I drove my old, crappy car for 450k miles and had about $80K saved 10 years later... or that I have expensive stuff in my tank now, but I used to scrape glass and trade frags to start and have built and built. [/rant] If you can find some locals, see about trades and working for your frags...

In any case, you should be able to find WD for less than $150 plus shipping online, so look around.

In the future, tell your wife the truth and also that you are not out at the bars for $18 beer night, getting DUIs or hitting on skanks... you are at home. Easy sell, especially when some of her friends start to wonder why their men are out all of the time.

bmbpka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boom Corals has WD for $99 on sale with $35 shipping (don’t hold me to that shipping price). Bought one from him a month ago. Good size Frag too.

50B839DA-CCDA-497E-96D4-718F8BB4825C.jpeg 4F9D024B-6A4B-4D9C-884D-67A766064E14.jpeg

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boom Corals has WD for $99 on sale with $35 shipping (don’t hold me to that shipping price). Bought one from him a month ago. Good size Frag too.

50B839DA-CCDA-497E-96D4-718F8BB4825C.jpeg 4F9D024B-6A4B-4D9C-884D-67A766064E14.jpeg
Thats where I got mine, but the one I have just looks faded green.

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still say the WD is nothing more than a Miami Orchid that's bleached out.

flyfisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My advice, save up and buy a nice little sps pack from a hobbyist on the site where you can get your average cost to $50 a frag possibly with shipping included. Even if it takes you a few months, most likely WD wont grow much in 3 mos. Better looking at 4-6 frags vs. 1

OP
OP
Damian reef boi

Damian reef boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping is going to be at least $50 - no way around this. People selling cheap frags are not discounting shipping like a vendor who just sold a bunch of full-priced frags. Like others said, look locally. WD is less than $50 a frag around here, but the market is very saturated with it here in Denver where 1"+ pieces sit in stores for a long time at $75. El Paso is tough - bad break.... but it looks like the El Paso Reef Club facebook has over 1300 members.

Don't discount your Mom's advice. While an expensive frag is no big deal for me being a middle age professional, for a kid (sorry, assuming), it is probably not smart. No parent has ever been wrong about their kids NOT spending money on wheels or LED lights for their sheetbox, fart can mufflers, 10 pairs of Jordans or expensive frags. They still do it anyway, and it is the circle of life, but it does not mean that they are wrong. :) I did not get it either until I was about 21 and even though I am a Dad now with 5 daughters, they don't want to hear that I drove my old, crappy car for 450k miles and had about $80K saved 10 years later... or that I have expensive stuff in my tank now, but I used to scrape glass and trade frags to start and have built and built. [/rant] If you can find some locals, see about trades and working for your frags...

In any case, you should be able to find WD for less than $150 plus shipping online, so look around.

In the future, tell your wife the truth and also that you are not out at the bars for $18 beer night, getting DUIs or hitting on skanks... you are at home. Easy sell, especially when some of her friends start to wonder why their men are out all of the time.
Lololololololololololololololololol lololololololololololololololololol lololololololololololololololololol lololololololololololololololololol lololololololololololololololololol lololololololololololololololololol lololololololololololololololololol lololololololololololololololololol lololololololololololololololololol lololololololololololololololololol lololololololololololololololololol *breathes*lololololololololololololololololol lololololololololololololololololol lololololololololololololololololol lololololololololololololololololol lololololololololololololololololol lololololololololololololololololol lololololololololololololololololol lololololololololololololololololol lololololololololololololololololol lololololololololololololololololol lololololololololololololololololol lololololololololololololololololol

Back