Anyone know where to get extra corners with tabs for the innovative marine screen kit?

dtruitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their customer service leaves much to be desired. I have a $50 screen kit that is of no use to me because I cant buy a matching set of corners to make two panels. Either I cough up $40 more to buy a whole other (smaller) kit for just the corners, I pay a 15% restocking fee, or I get a mismatched set of corners from brs.

Customer service is adamant that they do not stock the part and the kits are "pre packaged." Obviously they buy these parts from someone else and put them together in a package and sell it for a price that's just low enough to be worth it. I'm a little frustrated that they're insistent that they cant supply an appropriate third party part number...

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have access to a 3D printer, you can print as many as you want. Have you checked to see if standard window screen corners will fit?

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS sells the ones without the tabs. I believe the only way to get the ones with the tabs is to buy a whole kit.

BRS also sells another brand of corners that work with their screen parts, I have a set and can confirm they're great, but I don't think they fit the IM brand edge pieces.

OP
OP
dtruitt

dtruitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have access to a 3D printer, you can print as many as you want. Have you checked to see if standard window screen corners will fit?

No on the 3d printer and no on the standard window screen corners. These frames are super thick, which is part of why I pulled the trigger on the kit. It was also a touch cheaper and faster to buy the kit than to locate and buy the correct netting for the frames I've been using.

BRS sells adequate corners missing the tabs. It's not a rimless tank, but the tabs sn

OP
OP
dtruitt

dtruitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS sells the ones without the tabs. I believe the only way to get the ones with the tabs is to buy a whole kit.

BRS also sells another brand of corners that work with their screen parts, I have a set and can confirm they're great, but I don't think they fit the IM brand edge pieces.

I guess I dont have much in the way of options. It's not the end of the world, but you would think they would be bending over backwards to sell parts considering the margins on this sort of thing.

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I dont have much in the way of options. It's not the end of the world, but you would think they would be bending over backwards to sell parts considering the margins on this sort of thing.
If you model the corner piece with tabs, there are plenty of folks on here willing to print things for you. Check your local library or engineering cowork space too - many of them allow free or cheap access to 3d printers after you take a short class.

OP
OP
dtruitt

dtruitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you model the corner piece with tabs, there are plenty of folks on here willing to print things for you. Check your local library or engineering cowork space too - many of them allow free or cheap access to 3d printers after you take a short class.

I got IM to do a custom order. It was only marginally cheaper than buying a whole other kit, but I'm just happy that I dont have to throw things away.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back