Anyone looking for a good reef-related book to read?

c_johns89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
My dad has been an avid scuba diver and reef keeper for over 30 years, which inspired him to write a fictional story about a triggerfish when he was younger back the 80s (before I was born, so this was pre Finding Nemo). I loved the book when I read it as a kid, and never understood why he never tried to publish it.

After a lot of encouragement, he finally self-published the manuscript this past summer, and I thought this would be a great place to share it! He's not on this forum so I figured I would do it for him... Here's the book summary:

Picasso, a young triggerfish, is anxious to mature into the beautiful colors of an adult male. His body still shows the dull shades of a young triggerfish, and he is teased by the other males of his clan who are already growing out of adolescence.

Breaking the rules of the clan, Picasso secretly leaves on his own to hunt on the reef. He hopes, by bringing back food, he will be accepted as an adult, and maybe his colors will begin to change.

However, Picasso’s actions get him banished from his clan, never to return. Forced to live on the reef alone, Picasso sees the world outside his clan with new eyes. He realizes the reef is full of discovery, especially when he meets a scuba diver named Tahani.

But shadows begin to lurk in the water. A deadly shark named White Mano returns to the reef, and Picasso needs the help of Tahani to stop it before his clan is discovered.

If anyone is interested it's available on Amazon in two formats (kindle and paperback).

Happy reefing!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back