Anyone monitoring CO2?

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just getting started with reef-pi and Raspberry pi's and ran across this. Has anyone used this or something similar to monitor CO2 around their tank? I'd rather have reef-pi do it and keep a log than use a proprietary device that at best only gives me manual access to the data.

Any advice for where to get started with something like this? Total noob here who is still working through the initial guide.

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping as I have also recently been interested in CO2 levels as my tank is in a basement. I think with an analog output one could do it with the pH module as we do with the humidity sensors.

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice find, I like. It would require a special driver in reef-pi but as it's I2C and they have a python library with example code you could run that script on the Pi along side reef-pi and use the file driver to import values from a text file. The values would come in via pH tab so you have all those features available.

Here's the tutorial to get it running on Pi.

After you get it running edit the co2 script with some minor code to save the values to text file. Note temp, humidity and co2 need to be saved to a separate file. This page shows how to add that, it goes where the script prints to serial monitor.

Let me know if you need some guidance.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 141 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 28.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.2%
Back