Anyone need chaeto?

python73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a bit out of hand in my 55g since I've been too lazy to get a proper refugium set up for it. I can easily pull 5 or 6 quart bags of it. Happy to meet you at Reef Gallery in Zelie so you can give them some business... the chaeto will be free (pay it forward from Acer).

Critters that are likely to be hiding in it: apods, cpods, tiny brittle stars, limpets.

Reasonably certified pest free! I have zero aiptasia in either tank, and though I had some green or brown flatworms I haven't seen any in several months. I got rid of them using the "ignore and do nothing" method. I think people overreact to flatworms anyway, but that's just me.

If nobody is interested I think I'll arrange with Jaime to send some to the December meeting. I'd say I'd like to make the meeting but that hasn't happened in years, and Monroeville might as well be Australia for me. Also to save you the time, I'm not going to ship anything. Far too much effort for me. Plenty of people online sell this stuff though.

IMG_0658.jpg IMG_0659.jpg

Anna E Lokshin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a bit out of hand in my 55g since I've been too lazy to get a proper refugium set up for it. I can easily pull 5 or 6 quart bags of it. Happy to meet you at Reef Gallery in Zelie so you can give them some business... the chaeto will be free (pay it forward from Acer).

Critters that are likely to be hiding in it: apods, cpods, tiny brittle stars, limpets.

Reasonably certified pest free! I have zero aiptasia in either tank, and though I had some green or brown flatworms I haven't seen any in several months. I got rid of them using the "ignore and do nothing" method. I think people overreact to flatworms anyway, but that's just me.

If nobody is interested I think I'll arrange with Jaime to send some to the December meeting. I'd say I'd like to make the meeting but that hasn't happened in years, and Monroeville might as well be Australia for me. Also to save you the time, I'm not going to ship anything. Far too much effort for me. Plenty of people online sell this stuff though.

IMG_0658.jpg IMG_0659.jpg
I need all you have!!! Starting a new refugium! Please call 412 403 5714

OP
OP
P

python73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need all you have!!! Starting a new refugium! Please call 412 403 5714

Anna - unless your refugium is huge, you don't need all I have. :) I'd be happy to get you a gallon ziplock full though which is a LOT of chaeto. That said... I don't do phone calls. I'll shoot you a text at that number (hoping it is a cell) and I'll shoot you a PM though.

OP
OP
P

python73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming this will get me back to a normal amount for a month or so. If someone needs some let me know and I'll ping you when it overgrows again.

Anna E Lokshin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anna - unless your refugium is huge, you don't need all I have. :) I'd be happy to get you a gallon ziplock full though which is a LOT of chaeto. That said... I don't do phone calls. I'll shoot you a text at that number (hoping it is a cell) and I'll shoot you a PM though.
Great! I have two refugiums: existing 40 gal and a new 29 gal. Jaime was asking for me too.

BigGimp77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could use some! I made a DIY Algae reactor but have had trouble getting chaeto to grow in it despite my display tank having algae issues. I want to give it another shot I think. Send me a PM. I'm in Cranberry for work so meeting at Reef Gallery is easy for me!

Back