Anyone notice the crazy amount of sales on the Radion G4s? Could it be...G5 on the horizon?

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
G5 announcement at Reefapolooza or MACNA!!??

giphy.gif

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The real question is will Black Friday be a better deal???

It wasn't last year. It's always a risk - do you get the sale available now, or do you hold out for a better sale that might not materialize?

For myself, if I can save $40 on something that almost never goes on sale, I'm jumping all over that... planning on getting another one for my tank upgrade and I've already budgeted for it at full price, so that's extra money that I can spend on other things. =)

cane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I jumped on the sale and purchased 3. Getting another tomorrow once my lfs gets more in. For me even if a new model comes out I know I’m still good for a few years and these are a huge upgrade to my Sb reef lights.

OP
OP
smartwater101

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I jumped on the sale and purchased 3. Getting another tomorrow once my lfs gets more in. For me even if a new model comes out I know I’m still good for a few years and these are a huge upgrade to my Sb reef lights.

One of the best parts of new models being released, is the deals for the older gen. Including/especially used. I've been scooping up Kessill a360we left and right. Once G5 are released, I might start replacing the Kessills with G4s. Unless the G5 actually have built in diffusers and other features I might not realize I "have to have" lol

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spoke to ecotech reps today at MACNA. They are releasing a dosing pump. Based on my long conversation with them, they made no indication of the G4 being replaced any time soon.

Maybe they have a good poker face. But I think we are at least a year away from a G5 release. Getting harder and harder to improve on things that are already pretty advanced, selling well and proven.

OP
OP
smartwater101

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spoke to ecotech reps today at MACNA. They are releasing a dosing pump. Based on my long conversation with them, they made no indication of the G4 being replaced any time soon.

Maybe they have a good poker face. But I think we are at least a year away from G5 release. Getting harder and harder to improve on things that are already pretty advanced, selling well and proven.

Do they have the dosing pumps on display? Any pamphlets or anything you can photograph for those of at work and filled with sadness? :p

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they have the dosing pumps on display? Any pamphlets or anything you can photograph for those of at work and filled with sadness? :p

I didnt ask about info on it. They have a single head dosing pump and I think they mentioned multiple head dosing pumps. They have one on their system. I think they were hoping to be further along for display at MACNA. Not much info on it.

Saveafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be fun.
Powerhead. You deal with low flow till the rusted thing is fixed.
Main pump. Melted? You replace with the old mag drive till you get a new one.
Dosing pump. I'll be signing in to my PayPal and going through the sellers threads. Wait till it runs away and nukes your tank with 4-5000 in Mag. I'll find good deals on used equment than.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back