Anyone on board good at investing stocks?

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just give us an update in 90 days how you did. I agree with the banking professionals. I’ve been trading and studying it for bolstering my retirement for 20 years and this is nuts. My advice is take those charts and realize the only thing they tell you is what already happened. People are high on optimism now. As soon as Q2 earnings come out, the blood will be shed. It’s tough seeing all the green today but I’m staying in cash.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just give us an update in 90 days how you did. I agree with the banking professionals. I’ve been trading and studying it for bolstering my retirement for 20 years and this is nuts. My advice is take those charts and realize the only thing they tell you is what already happened. People are high on optimism now. As soon as Q2 earnings come out, the blood will be shed. It’s tough seeing all the green today but I’m staying in cash.
Be very very careful viewing anything through an emotional lens.
When you find yourself defending your position then you need to get out of the market because you are the mark. I have evaporated many trade accounts with this thinking. Always remember ... emotions are your enemy. Heuristics are real and they are not your friend.

1mbrews8

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Margin trading as a newbie is a very very bad idea. The market in totally illogical right now, up for no good reason. Be careful and take profits when you can. Most of all don’t get cocky, 4 gs can disappear with disturbing speed.
This!!!!

Use Robinhood to play around and learn, then I like etrade for more serious tinkering...

Also, I don’t think most are “good” at stocks... just lucky lol!

OP
OP
D

DrewBrees713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to historians when events similar to this happened stocks recovered 6 to 12 months later .....100% of the time!!! Not sure why ppl are being Debbie Downers.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to historians when events similar to this happened stocks recovered 6 to 12 months later .....100% of the time!!! Not sure why ppl are being Debbie Downers.
Everyone trades differently, we all put our money where are mouth is (or we really should). Discussing markets is kind of pointless as you can see.

I really really encourage you to read the books I listed. There is a great story in Market Wizards where the author gets into a silver trade. The stories in those books are pure gold.

I have found in my trading that the real key to success is emotional. Learning to know yourself and your own emotional pitfalls is tantamount to not getting blown out. Being a professional still means you are human and in that regard we are all on a level playing field. No one is an authority in the market ... NO ONE! Learn yourself understand your emotions and use comfortable methods in areas that you have knowledge and your odds of success rise dramatically :)

GabeM

King of... something.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes and no, it took 4-5 years to recover from the 2008 crash, but it always comes back. However, it's not real money until you sell, so sell when you make a profit. :)

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of he reason it rebounds is because it has to. It cannot just keep plummeting, the question is how soon and at what margins. As others have said, “the market today is better than it was 2 months ago.” Of course it is, people are back to work, but the question is, “is this a blip or the actual beginning of the rise back up?” No one really knows.
so do exactly what your doing, take it slow, ask questions, learn, have fun, read as much as you can, and don’t get too emotional either way!

good luck,

corey

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I develop land and build communities on them. Specifically single family rental home properties that will be converted to townhouses and eventually sold as homes.
I can tell you for sure that real estate in particular the BTR sector is on fire right now and not going anywhere anytime soon. One of our investors has doubled his money on 1 project, almost tripled his money on 2 seperate 2 more in less than 3 years.
We have secured 700m in contracts over the next 5 years during this pandemic. And that's only our development company. Many investors are jumping on the band wagon and cant find enough developers to build this particular product for them.

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LRT you are going to be getting a very large amount of Californians very soon. I was there in downtown PHX for the real estate boom. My guess is this will be nothing compared to that, and it won't turn speculative for quite a while. Sit back and buckle up :)

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brokerage firm employee for the last 13 years here...I work in the home office. The market is very wonky right now...best of luck to you. A financial advisor will be able to answer all these questions for you.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LRT you are going to be getting a very large amount of Californians very soon. I was there in downtown PHX for the real estate boom. My guess is this will be nothing compared to that, and it won't turn speculative for quite a while. Sit back and buckle up :)
For sure it's totally insane right now. Cant build enough houses to sell. Cant build enough rentals to rent. Our investors are starting to sell the communities we are building and seeing huge returns.
It's not only happening here though. With this particular product many of the big boys are buying in and are taking this model across the country. We just got Berkshire Hathaway signed up.
It's for real lol

OP
OP
D

DrewBrees713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brokerage firm employee for the last 13 years here...I work in the home office. The market is very wonky right now...best

I suppose you dont have any advice for me:) How much do financial advisors charge these days? Not ready to see one them yet , they may look at me stupid for being a newbie who doesnt know Jack!

OP
OP
D

DrewBrees713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure it's totally insane right now. Cant build enough houses to sell. Cant build enough rentals to rent. Our investors are starting to sell the communities we are building and seeing huge returns.
It's not only happening here though. With this particular product many of the big boys are buying in and are taking this model across the country. We just got Berkshire Hathaway signed up.
It's for real lol

Shoot if you got BH signed up, you know it’s a matter of time before you got $ coming out of your exit hole. Congrats!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shoot if you got BH signed up, you know it’s a matter of time before you got $ coming out of your exit hole. Congrats!
Wish I could say I because I'd be a multi millionaire right now. I am only the builder. But I can say I'm building the product. I have had a great opportunity to work with the guys that basically invented this product and model and in my 26 years of land development I have to tell you it's the smartest product and model I've see by far. They started all this during the recession. Building homes at 90-110 a unit. 2 year later began selling the communities at 230 a unit. I believe the BTR sector was built around this particular product and model.Absolutely crazy. I can tell you that build prices have not risen much during this economic boom but they just sold there last group of communities at 240-260 a door. 2 year turn around.
So yeah all the Big boys like Berkshire Hathaway, Npl. All of them are getting in on it.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An FA’s job is to help you. If you don’t make money, they don’t make money. There are trade fees, account opening and yearly fees (all paid to the firm, not your broker btw). Unfortunately I don’t have any advice except as little of my money as possible is invested in risky stock. The stock market is a gamble...
I suppose you dont have any advice for me:) How much do financial advisors charge these days? Not ready to see one them yet , they may look at me stupid for being a newbie who doesnt know Jack!

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s easier to recover from a car crash if you get out of the car before the crash. Same with the stock market. Consider getting out before things fall hard, then buy when things stabilize.

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy low, sell high. Do fifty push ups. Run a few miles. Do some planks. Rinse and repeat. You’ll be in good shape no matter what.;)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back