Anyone running a large AIO?

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM Fusion Pro 2 SR 80 and 120 are some pretty large AIO options.
I'm seeking a 16" tall reef in the next year. These seem like nicely built options. The only drawback I see is the skimmer.
I need to simplify my system before my grandbaby arrives. Low fish head count, all softies ... I like the idea of not having a sump with little ones around.
Is anyone out there successfully running an AIO system over 65 gallons?
Inquiring minds want to know .....

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just placed an order for a Tideline 65 gallon AIO. Have run smaller AIO’s. Looking forward to this new tank! 48” L x 16”h x 17.5 w display volume. Not counting the sump chamber which is 3.5. Bought an aquamax ws-1 skimmer for it. Been talking to printed reef about custom making filter floss holders and fuge basket.

ekandler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a RedSea Max E 260, which is a 70 gallon AIO and I really didn’t enjoy it. The limitation on equipment is really frustrating and on larger tanks that can make reefkeeping a lot harder. I found nutrient export to be especially difficult because the skimmers designed for the back compartments are optimized for the space, not efficiency at skimming, and refugiums on an AIO are difficult to do.

I had lots of trouble with my Max E 260 the more I stocked in it. Eventually switched to a Reefer 350 with a sump and it’s a lot easier to control nutrients now.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM Fusion Pro 2 SR 80 and 120 are some pretty large AIO options.
I'm seeking a 16" tall reef in the next year. These seem like nicely built options. The only drawback I see is the skimmer.
I need to simplify my system before my grandbaby arrives. Low fish head count, all softies ... I like the idea of not having a sump with little ones around.
Is anyone out there successfully running an AIO system over 65 gallons?
Inquiring minds want to know .....
I’m getting one of these soon, within the next 90 days or so.
8“ wide rear chambers so full size skimmers and reactors can be used. Text is wrong, it’s a 4 chamber AIO section, not 3. If you look at the 75 gallon version it lists all the dims of the whole line of tanks from 36” to 96”.

DIYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Probably not what you're asking about, but I built myself a ~100g AIO frag tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back