Anyone send radion in for red/green flashing lights?

tjnorthdakota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a gen 3 radion xr15pro, bought off here and it worked great for a week but now the light shuts off and flashes red/green. I was told by ecotech its probably a hardware isssue other than the fan, so has anyone else run into this problem and what did you or they find wrong?

fermentedhiker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried disabling the button controls. That fixed it for me, although mine would change colors not just red and green

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from my past experience, they will tell you its a driver issue and you have to send it in for repair and itll probably cost between $100-$250 to fix.
Ive had their products since the original vortechs and have noticed their quality and service has drastically dropped in the last 2 years....

OP
OP
tjnorthdakota

tjnorthdakota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started having this issue as well. Did you find a fix?
Yeah I sent it in to ecotech and they replaced the LED puck which ended up being bad. Online you’ll find a lot of people refer you to the fan as the problem but upon calling ecotech they advised me red/green is typically a deeper hardware issue and they will advise you to send it to them for repair. I got it back and its worked great ever since. Cudos to ecotech service department

RoyinSpain

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my 3 g4 Pro started flashing green red today and won't stay on more than 1 second.!

ncfishguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I sent it in to ecotech and they replaced the LED puck which ended up being bad. Online you’ll find a lot of people refer you to the fan as the problem but upon calling ecotech they advised me red/green is typically a deeper hardware issue and they will advise you to send it to them for repair. I got it back and its worked great ever since. Cudos to ecotech service department
How much did it cost

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back