Anyone tried API Ammonia yet with Reefbot???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Anyone test for ammonia yet and get good results??

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Steve, where does that question come from?

I'll readily admit I haven't tested for ammonia in.... gees, 12 years! And back then API was getting the same disrespect it gets now. So I got a Salifert test kit and guess what? I got the same results with both. And now I have both API and Salifert kits for Ca and alk as well as nitrates. I do my tests with API and only if I get a wild outlier of a result do I retest with a Salifert kit. And 99+% of the time the two agree.

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
To be honest, I’ve never tried api myself. I’ve always heard the negative hype and assumed “if so many people have issues, it must not be reliable”. I’ve always used salifert or Red Sea

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
My biggest complaint with API is the crappy caps on the test tubes that dont seal properly.

OP
OP
DarthSimon

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Anyone test for ammonia yet and get good results??

Steve, where does that question come from?

I'll readily admit I haven't tested for ammonia in.... gees, 12 years! And back then API was getting the same disrespect it gets now. So I got a Salifert test kit and guess what? I got the same results with both. And now I have both API and Salifert kits for Ca and alk as well as nitrates. I do my tests with API and only if I get a wild outlier of a result do I retest with a Salifert kit. And 99+% of the time the two agree.

Good Morning Ron,

So I posted this question in the Reef Kenetics Sponsor forum. My question was in regards to API Ammonia test kit and the ReefBot. The only ammonia test kit the ReefBot can use is API. I know I don’t have ammonia in my system :)
Currently I have the Trident testing of alk, calcium, and magnesium. My ReefBot tests for Phoslahtes, Nitrates, and now I just added ammonia with the API test kit. I know it’s probably a wasted test, but I’m putting my new gadget to the test. I can also test and schedule the ammonia test very infrequently. Maybe once a month, our quarter.

:D

*changed my thread title to include Reefbot to avoid confusion.

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
d49beedf-2d46-494e-9ed2-3454836389c0_rw_3840.png

LET A ROBOT TEST YOUR TANK! (2019)
https://reefnewsnetwork.com/ReefBot...RASE0OvVP9fnjEElyqhhqXwA1dy05E93cbu6gNmVIHp10

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Usually people test for ammonia on new tanks or to prevent some accidents on established tanks (E.g. detergents getting to the system).
As for API, personally i believe it's a good test if used correctly.
Cheers

Derrick Picker

View Badges
Reaction score
I am testing ammonia with my Reefbot. Faulty results every time. It went from 1 to .05 to 0 to 1 all in a span of 2 days. I tested manually and it is 0.

Back