Anyone tried sumplementing with Reef brite LUMI lites?

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone has supplemented using reef brites LUMI lites. I currently have 4 Kessil's running, and was planning on adding some t5's. But I have decided to scrap that plan in favor of the LUMI lites (possibly). Has anyone used them? Had expeirence with them?

Hypan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go XHO

I played with a 24" lumilite to add some extra pop to a Nuvo 40. It was OK but I ended up with an XHO.

For me they didn't POP the colors like the XHO does. Nowhere near the intensity.

My LFS does use Lumilite PROs as primary lighting on a shallow frag tank. Corals look really nice and healthy.

If you are just doing it to add some PAR and not for a dramatic color POP then I would go with the lumilite PROs

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasn’t impressed with the pros so can’t imagine the regular ones are great. . Not much bang for the buck.

OP
OP
Miller535

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty happy with the Kessil's over all. I do mostly want to add some par, and reduce some shadowing. I could possibly go XHO, but worry it would look too blue then for my taste.

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty happy with the Kessil's over all. I do mostly want to add some par, and reduce some shadowing. I could possibly go XHO, but worry it would look too blue then for my taste.
I know this is old but if shadowin is your concern i will just get 2 lumilites one on the back and one on the front slightly tilted to solve the shadowing problem. I had the same thing going on with my acros where it shaded on certain parts and i didnt want to add t5s since i couldnt hang from the ceiling or drill the wall.

Back