anyone tried these yet? - URCHIN CONCENTRATED FLOW PUMP GUARD - MP10 UPGRADE

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried the new Urchin pump guards for MP10's yet? Saw em on BRS and they looked a bit different than the NemProtect models. It looks like these may have less of an impact on the flow patterns.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder whether the designers of these things have tested them to see if they actually work? This one seems potentially better than the nemprotect, though I don’t see the claim that it changes the flow pattern to be an upgrade LOL. Unless you can reduce the water velocity per square inch (really only possible with a significant increase in surface area) I suspect they won’t work as claimed.

coseal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

here is the link! different looking for sure! starting to see more and more 3d print in the hobby!

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at this myself. The reviews are mixed. The reviews on everything are mixed. Bad product? User error? Who knows.... you can only really try yourself I guess. Between defective products and people not understanding how to use things it's just impossible to get a realistic feel for most products without using them yourself.

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had these on my MP40s and MP60s for the last few years. They are a pain in the butt to clean, or remove, but they work to protect your animals. After all these years I always tell myself to just use the stupid foam cover, easy slip on and off to clean — but I never do it.

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had these on my MP40s and MP60s for the last few years. They are a pain in the butt to clean, or remove, but they work to protect your animals. After all these years I always tell myself to just use the stupid foam cover, easy slip on and off to clean — but I never do it.
Yes, I think after looking at all of the options I'm just going to get a 3 pack of the foam cover and call it good. Thanks for your input.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back