Anyone tried using the Red Sea Calcium Pro Test on Reefbot?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jonathan Iu

View Badges
Reaction score
Except for the day I tested with freshly mixed reagents B and C, I am getting a result of 290ppm all the time, when my Hanna checker says 440pm. The only time this test worked properly was 10 mins after the reagents B and C will remixed. I used different tubes and placed the tubes in different slots but the test still gives me 290ppm.

Anyone else have success with the Red Sea Calcium Pro test? I know its in beta but still it shouldn't give me such results after a day.

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Except for the day I tested with freshly mixed reagents B and C, I am getting a result of 290ppm all the time, when my Hanna checker says 440pm. The only time this test worked properly was 10 mins after the reagents B and C will remixed. I used different tubes and placed the tubes in different slots but the test still gives me 290ppm.

Anyone else have success with the Red Sea Calcium Pro test? I know its in beta but still it shouldn't give me such results after a day.
Please check if there’s any solids inside the vial, how many scoops of powder did you add to the liquid.
I can see that you’ve sent an email on support. Our chemist will get back to you ASAP.

OP
OP
J

Jonathan Iu

View Badges
Reaction score
I followed you instructions very carefully. 5 scoops of powder reagent B, shake for 5 minutes, then add another 5 scoops of powder and shake hard. I will take the mixed reagents and shake hard for 5 minutes and test again to see if it works. Like I said it worked straight after I mixed the reagents but not 12 hours later.

AKReef

View Badges
Reaction score
I was contacted by a chemist from Reefbot and said that they have found that the mixed reagents only have a shelf life of about 1 week, and to not rely on the results. We've actually corresponded regarding a few of my readings, I believe to both make sure their product is working as intended and to let me know if there were odd readings or not. It's be fun knowing that there's a chemist reviewing my tank chemistry.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back