Anyone Use Red Sea Care Program??

Damien Buckley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people do dose it with pumps but in tiny bottles filled with RE in separate bottles. (one bottle per both parts)
They use tiny bottles so that both parts stay mixed.

If you read the labels of RE it says to mix well before use.

The challenge it not so much of keeping the dosing bottles cold, as much as is to keep the products mixed and not settled at the bottom.

RedSeaKev says: To leave your skimmer off for at least 30mins, after you dose.
If you don't, the RE will go straight up and into your skimmers collection cup.

Lol!!!
Thanks for this thread.
I dosed RE tonight and forgot to turn the skimmer back on. :)

Yeah, that's the main problem with automatically dosing Reef Energy I think. I used to shut off he skimmer and pull the filter socks out. Now I have the return pump set to almost no flow during feed mode - lasts for an hour - so that works well. Not much flow into the sump for that period.

OP
OP
Luke Schnabel

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I control my tank with an Apex so I'll be able to shut my return and skimmer off prior to the dose. Thanks for the input.

I'm hoping that if I do use a magnetic stirrer to stir both parts just before a dose #1 it won't settle out in a min and #2 the stirrer can take the cool temperature.

I would assume that the liquid wouldn't go bad in the lines outside of the fridge because it would only be 2-3 days tops and there would be no air... just my thought but I would like to know from @Red Sea

Damien Buckley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I control my tank with an Apex so I'll be able to shut my return and skimmer off prior to the dose. Thanks for the input.

I'm hoping that if I do use a magnetic stirrer to stir both parts just before a dose #1 it won't settle out in a min and #2 the stirrer can take the cool temperature.

I would assume that the liquid wouldn't go bad in the lines outside of the fridge because it would only be 2-3 days tops and there would be no air... just my thought but I would like to know from @Red Sea

I tried the Arka doser - this has an inbuilt stirrer and it feeds the lines back into the container after dosing so nothing stays in the lines. But, it was unbelievably noisy and if it stopped in the wrong spot on the pump it would siphon. So, I sent it back but I wonder if you can get other dosing pumps or set up your Apex to do sometime similar. Also, do you have a fridge? I thought one of those little USB fridges would be the ticket - not that fashioning a stirrer plus fridge is going to be easy…

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back