Anyone use Reef octopus lr-200 algae reactor? What are you thoughts and experiences with it?

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of getting the Reef Octopus Lr-200 algae reactor for my 180gal reef.

Anyone use it or it's little brother?
What are your thoughts on it?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the #reefoctopus LR-150 and have been very pleased! The biggest problem this past year was getting clean chaeto to get it started. My #IceCap turf scrubber has been even simpler to get up and running, but both are doing a good job on the different systems where they are installed.

I think @JerSaint also has a Reef Octopus Light Reactor so maybe they will be able to chime in soon.

JerSaint

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my #reefoctopus Light Reactor. Great to work with, easy install and I have had great growth for all the time I have been using it (about a year now). Regular monthly harvests that are jammed full of cheato. Very little maintenance to be done so far, other than collecting cheato. This thread reminds me that it is time for a full cleaning! I will let you all know if this is an overly difficult task.

OP
OP
Dj City

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using the LR-200 for about 2 or 3 weeks now and so far I have been happy with it.
Chaeto is growing and I have the valve tuned for lower flow until the algae really builds up.

I took the light out the other day so I could add pods. I like that I can do that instead of having to remove the whole top.

Good unit so far. I don't see a reason as of yet for me to change my mind or my opinion

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 78 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back