Anyone used the Oddyssea Pro Pack skimmer

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of adding a skimmer to my JBJ 28 gal hqi nano cube. I was looking at the one from Oddyssea. It's the Pro Pack. The price is right, if it works.

I used their lights for a freshwater plant tank with good results.

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would pass on it, take a look at the tunze skimmers if you feel the need to have a skimmer in that small of a tank.

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would pass on it, take a look at the tunze skimmers if you feel the need to have a skimmer in that small of a tank.

Thanks for your thoughts. I would love to get a Tunze. However, they are a little out of my budget.

So I'm hopping someone on here has used this unit, and can share some insight.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all honesty asking ppl what they think of stuff from this company is almost a waste of time. Ppl bash them on a regular basis. I say just go for it and see how it goes. I have had very good success with their lights as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all honesty asking ppl what they think of stuff from this company is almost a waste of time. Ppl bash them on a regular basis. I say just go for it and see how it goes. I have had very good success with their lights as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Well I have seen that too. However, I try to look for the good in people, and give them a chance to show it. I am often disapointed!

Who knows? Maybe someone will not let me down.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me start by saying i have never used it, but would still like to give input. I have read a lot of reviews on their lights and skimmers. Based off of what i have read thei saltwater lights suck in terms of quality and longevity. There are a few threads i have seen where people were actually measuring wattage coming out of ballasts and were seeing very low numbers and huge variability between units. That steered me clear of the lights for saltwater.

As for the skimmers though i have actually read a lot of very posit.ive reviews. The main negatives i have seen is hob skimmer being almost useless on a nano due to evap changing water levels so quickly. Seen people .report great results when put in sump or ok results with auto topoff..

Hybridzan -- i would not be so rough on the people bashing this company. There have been a whole lot of quality issues reported (specifically with lights). A company often gets the reputation it deserves in my opinion. I think people just trying to help. Combine that with in this hobby you very often get what you pay for when it comes to equipment. Having said that though i will repeat i have read many very positive reviews of thei skimmer.

OP
OP
geckoman2003

geckoman2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you took that all wrong honestly... Your prolly not hearing what you want because there no Good.... You get what you pay for...;)

You may be right, but this is why I did the thread. If you spend $40 for a point of sale, you may have saved some $$$, but you still got a point of sale. Then again, just may be someone else has taken the gamble.

joshb1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the oddysea 150 on my 45 cube and love it. I have had it for 2 years and not a problem.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back