Anyone using Current USA Orbit Marine IC Dual LED PRO Bluetooth 4338 on 72" tank?

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm researching lighting for a 72" 215-gal DT that will be softies and fish. Would greatly appreciate feedback on this specific model.
Current USA Orbit Marine IC Dual LED PRO Bleutooth 4338 72"

... or feedback on that series in general. This is a peninsula tank that will be a room divider of sorts. So I'm looking for better visual aesthetics than my typical Viparspectra fixtures.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the single unit on a 210 g. I bought it for a fish only but now use it for supplemental reef lighting and for dusk/dawn and red light (catching fish)
I’m gonna say 2 over a 72” tank might grow shrooms and some softies ...might get away with duncans and lords at close range
Summary: actual construction quality is good, lighting fair-poor, connection/setup with that manifold & display is goofy
it has decent built in features like a white light cleaning mode and goofy weather effects

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the single unit on a 210 g. I bought it for a fish only but now use it for supplemental reef lighting and for dusk/dawn and red light (catching fish)
I’m gonna say 2 over a 72” tank might grow shrooms and some softies ...might get away with duncans and lords at close range
Summary: actual construction quality is good, lighting fair-poor, connection/setup with that manifold & display is goofy
it has decent built in features like a white light cleaning mode and goofy weather effects
How did you like the single unit for the fish only tank?

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you like the single unit for the fish only tank?
actually the quality of the unit isn’t bad. Its the Par thats weak, but the the human eye I’m gonna call the visual appearance & features VERY adequate for a FOWLR ...
I suggest a single unit as sufficient for 72”

9D868A4E-5651-4DD4-B152-FB956F094814.jpeg
here are some more pics: single unit in cleaning mode 99BE1309-FEA2-4589-A937-E2DCCBE52A5F.jpeg 50B2648A-A4AE-462C-9F0A-C3D27F946D63.jpeg

Last edited:

Salted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be following this thread. I'm picking up a 125g 72" tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out lighting. I do not have thousands to spend and I'm just doing soafties.

Salted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does that mean you're waiting on me to be the guinea pig??? Hmmm???
Well, someone . The coralife I’m running now doesn’t come in 72”, Mars Aqua seems to no longer exist unless I missed them, and viparspectra wants 3 fixtures over a 72 and they’re not daisy chain able.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Current USA Orbit Marine IC Dual LED PRO Bleutooth 4338 72" on a 125 gallon tank. This model is more intense than the other Marine Orbit product Current sells, due both to the use of two strips, and different LEDs than in the single strip version.

If you have the Dual IC Pro, the PAR ratings are higher than the ones for the single orbit marine. See below, also from the current-usa website.

1610726360264.png

This is what I have. I recently rented a PAR meter and found these measurements to be fairly accurate. I'm just getting started with corals now, so I don't have enough experience to give you a hands on review. Based on what I intend to put in the tank and the suggested PAR for those species, I believe the duals will work.

Irishknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Current USA Orbit Marine IC Dual LED PRO Bleutooth 4338 72" on a 125 gallon tank. This model is more intense than the other Marine Orbit product Current sells, due both to the use of two strips, and different LEDs than in the single strip version.

If you have the Dual IC Pro, the PAR ratings are higher than the ones for the single orbit marine. See below, also from the current-usa website.

1610726360264.png

This is what I have. I recently rented a PAR meter and found these measurements to be fairly accurate. I'm just getting started with corals now, so I don't have enough experience to give you a hands on review. Based on what I intend to put in the tank and the suggested PAR for those species, I believe the duals will work.
What settings do you use on yours, value wise?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
Back