anyone using sea sweeps with tunze powerheads??

sensei

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am considering using sea sweeps but wanted to know if motors last as tunzes are heavy pumps
can I know how long have they been running for people that had been using them?

I was thinking in the one with 6155

Thanks

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three of them. Two in my 90 gallon tank and one in Red Sea reefer 250. So far so good. They’ve been running for almost two years now. One of the best things for my sps.

OP
OP
sensei

sensei

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three of them. Two in my 90 gallon tank and one in Red Sea reefer 250. So far so good. They’ve been running for almost two years now. One of the best things for my sps.
can you post a picture of how the sea sweep is installed in the reefer 250?
do you have the tunzes in constant mode?

thanks

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you post a picture of how the sea sweep is installed in the reefer 250?
do you have the tunzes in constant mode?

thanks
I don’t have a picture of my Red Sea at the moment. But I do have a picture of them in my 90 gallon tank.
2ACD5C4B-8327-4199-BFCE-9327F72B24B1.jpeg

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to specify if your tank is eurobraced or rimmed/rimless when you place your order.
the instructions say it is very important that you have it on constant mode. The pulse or wave mode will damage the sea sweep.

OP
OP
sensei

sensei

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to specify if your tank is eurobraced or rimmed/rimless when you place your order.
the instructions say it is very important that you have it on constant mode. The pulse or wave mode will damage the sea sweep.
thanks. wow, you have a beautiful tank!
can please send me a picture of how it is mounted on the redsea.

I have a redsea peninsula and this is what they told me:
Won't work on the Red Sea Peninsula unless you can mount on the prefilter or install a piece of glass to act as Euro bracing as the tank is rimless

This is why I am interested to see how did you mount it in your redsea.
thanks again

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks. wow, you have a beautiful tank!
can please send me a picture of how it is mounted on the redsea.

I have a redsea peninsula and this is what they told me:
Won't work on the Red Sea Peninsula unless you can mount on the prefilter or install a piece of glass to act as Euro bracing as the tank is rimless

This is why I am interested to see how did you mount it in your redsea.
thanks again
You can mount the sea sweep with no problem. You just have to specify whether you have a eurobrace or rimmed/rimless tank.
look at the picture of my reefer 250.

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So no need to waste money on an electronic Stream if only constant mode is recommended, cool.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are pretty strong. I dont think you will have any issues. I run the 1 1/2 sea swirls with a hammerhead pump without issues. Having a power head on the end should not produce any more strain on the gears as long as the power head is free to move unobstructed. Tell him what sort of tank rim you have and he will supply the correct mount. I took my mounts off and ended up using velcro to attach them to the top rim of my tank.

OP
OP
sensei

sensei

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So no need to waste money on an electronic Stream if only constant mode is recommended, cool.

this is what the seller told me regarding that same question:
"I would purchase a CONTROLLABLE Tunze. The others the power cord will not fit up the center on the Sea Sweep. You need the small controller plug instead of the giant three prong plug."

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"I would purchase a CONTROLLABLE Tunze. The others the power cord will not fit up the center on the Sea Sweep. You need the small controller plug instead of the giant three prong plug."
That makes sense, it is easy to open up the controller and unplug the little white plug. Lucky I already have a few electronic Streams lying around

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re right about this. I didn’t even think about the three prong cord that comes with the noncontrollable tunzes.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank. I ran a tunze on a sea swirl with the adapter from sea swirl many years ago. Was awesome. Between the sweeping flow and the controller on the tunze it was awesome. As a side note I wouldn't have it in pulse mode and would only adjust the intensity of the pumps and slowly as you don't want to continually shake the sea swirl.

Back